Continued

(The continuation of the sneak peek. So much for staying up late to work on this.)

  After breakfast the two males wondered off to the park to get some activity into the toddler. Without the rest of the pack, helping to keep him active, the park should be enough for the young boy.

  Of course Derek being Derek got a lot of the single mom's attention. All the mom's were jealous of how great Derek was with Stiles. Their husbands barely had anything to do with their kids. Here this great guy was within their reach.

  The toddler did not like when the mom's started flirting with the older man. The toddler would make a fuss about it.

  Stiles being, well, Stiles had a plan. Every time a mom would grab Derek's attention, the toddler would 'fall' and start crying until Derek would pick him up. Being the smart kid he is he'd do something different every time.

  Derek soon figured out what he was doing of course. He wasn't a total idiot. But he didn't really care that Stiles was getting jealous. He even did it when it was just the pack hanging around. Though honestly Derek's attention never strayed far from the kid. No matter what was happening, he always had one sense on him at all times.

   After the park Stiles passed out for a few hours giving Derek some time to figure out what the pack was up to. Even if they were just driving there, at that time period, he was worried. Anything could happen between point A and B.

  Obviously he annoyed the crap out if the teens who were happy to be away from any adults for a few days.

   "That toddler has made him super" soft," Lydia muttered in the vehicle full of teen wolves, who all heard her loud and clear.

   "It's nice to know he actually cares about us," the youngest, curlest haired, wolf spoke softly.

   "Issac is right," Scott started. "He's never really seemed like he cared about any of us until Stiles came around. Well the toddler version brought it out. It was always there though. It may not have seemed like it but he did. We are his pack, we are basically his family."

   The rest of them just hummed softly relaxing in for the rest of the car ride.

  The next few days went on like any other. Stiles being the hard headed toddler he was and Derek trying not to show any more affection to the toddler. The smaller boy would always steal pieces of Derek's food or sips of his non alcoholic beverages. The oldest man would pretend not to notice that the toddler did that.

    They would always enjoy just being with each other. Even if they did get on each others nerves at least once a day. Stiles would through a tantrum and get put in a time out. Every time Stiles was put in the corner he'd cry himself into a nap.

   At the end of the day Derek would let Stiles curl up on his chest while they watched a Disney or Batman movie.

   That went on for a few days. But then things got a little out of hand.

  On the 3rd last day that Derek had the small Stiles boy, all to himself, Derek had taken the small boy to the park again to wear him out. There was small children yelling, screaming and running around playing. As he was chasing the toddler around the playground the pack called him.

   "Stiles, I'll be right back. No talking to strangers," the Alpha told the toddler sternly using his Alpha voice.

   "I Pwomise Dewek," the toddler spoke quietly while swinging his heal behind him.

  "I know you know how to use your r's." Derek grumbled as he walked away from the screaming kids so he could hear better. "Did you find her?"

   "Derek, we can't find her. All we can smell is wolfsbane. It's everywhere." Came the worried response of Scott.

   "WHAT? SERIOUSLY?" Derek yelled catching the attention of a everyone people around him. "Sorry, sorry," he spoke softer turning away from the playground and nosy people.

  "Yes," Scott breathed out down the line. "No one around here as seen her, or heard from her in the past 6 months. She basically disappeared right before she started messing around with Beacon Hills."

   "You've talked to everyone in that town? Have you tried the towns around Java?" Derek replied more calmly.

   "Everywhere in a 10 mile radius has more than enough wolfbane to kill all of us on the spot, but we've checked. All the information we have on her checked out until her brother said she disappeared. Like she just vanished into thin air. He thought a wolf had found her on one of her travels to get herbs and stuff for potions. There's nothing here."

  "Did you find the ingredients for the spell at least?" He asked rubbing his temples as he turned back to find Stiles. His eyes scanned the play ground more than 10 times before he realized Stiles was gone.

  "Ye-" Derek hung up the phone quickly as he searched the park yelling out for the toddler to come put from where ever he was.

   "STILES!" Derek yelled out panicking. "STILES! Where are you? This isn't funny Stiles!" The big mans eye's turned red as roamed the park sniffing the toddler out. But as he past a tree not too far off the pathway his scent vanished. All he could smell was magic.