Out of Control

Date: April 18, 2017

Chapter 6: Out of Control

The next few days aren't the best for Adrian. Rus doesn't talk to Adrian again, but neither does Ivie.

Adrian hates that this is happening right now because he's supposed to leave for his newest job on Friday. Adrian knew he'd have to leave soon, so he was planning on spending as much time with Ivie as possible before departing.

But of course, that didn't work out for Adrian.

Adrian doesn't see Rus bullying anyone else, so it looks like their meeting after school made an impact after all.

///////////////////

Lucas is sitting in his eighth hour class on Wednesday, staring out the window at the football field. Football doesn't start until next week, but Lucas is already feeling anxious.

Will being a werewolf affect how well Lucas is at football?

Lucas thinks he's pretty good at football. That's the reason he joined. Lucas isn't the best player, that spot goes to Russel (Rus) Stitch, which is why he's so rude to everyone.

Rus is your stereotypical two faced football player. He's friendly and cool around the coach, but he's not so nice around everyone else.

Rus likes to flaunt his power and bullies anyone he sees as threatening. Rus likes to stomp out competition before it becomes an issue. Which is probably why he tried fighting with Adrian.

Lucas found out yesterday that there were rumors going around over the summer about Adrian. The first rumor was that Adrian is super handsome. Some even described him as godly, saying they'd seen him around before. Of course those were the youngest girls in high school.

The second rumor was that Adrian has a hot sister, which everyone confirmed when she showed up to school on Monday.

The third rumor was that Adrian was interested in joining the football team. Which Lucas knows is not true. Unless Adrian has a secret love for football. Now it makes sense to Lucas why Rus attacked Adrian.

There were other rumors going around about Adrian, but Lucas stopped paying attention. Lucas would rather not sit around listening to what everyone thinks about Adrian.

Lucas is currently in Algebra II Honors. Honestly, Lucas has no idea why he was placed in this class. Lucas may have done well in Algebra I, but he has no clue what the teacher is showing them half of the time in Algebra II.

John is also in this class with Lucas because John actually knows about math. John is the only reason that Lucas is passing the class with a B. They're usually allowed to work in pairs, and fortunately for Lucas, John picked Lucas as his math partner.

Mason isn't in this class because he only qualified for the regular Algebra II class.

Adrian is in this class, because apparently he was "too smart" for the regular class they put him in. He switched into Honors yesterday. That's better for Adrian right now because Ivie is in the regular Algebra class.

Lucas wants to protest that Adrian has an unfair advantage because he's already learned all of this, but Lucas obviously can't say that.

Part of the reason Adrian is so good at math is because his mind is very strategic. Thinking up solutions for a situation is something Adrian is pretty good at.

Also, Lucas doesn't want to be one of those guys that complains about the smart guy out of jealousy. That'd be stupid and petty.

Instead, Lucas ignores Adrian and turns his attention back to the teacher. Lucas doesn't usually tune out his teachers in class.