Monsters and Motivational Speaking

A/N:
Date 6-4-17

Hey everyone! First of all, I believe the song above "Nightmare" by Natewantstobattle goes well with the overall theme of these latest chapters.

Thanks to VictoriaEubanks for introducing that song to me a week ago :)

Second, I hope you're enjoying the story, because it's almost over! I'm not sure exactly how long the ending will be, but it could be over by chapter 30. Emphasis on could, because it may be different :P

Third, I have some good news! There will be a third book in this series, which means the series will be a trilogy. Sadly, I'm pretty sure that will be the last book. I'll tell you the name and show the cover of the third book once this story is over.

Word Count: 2917

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 25: Monsters and Motivational Speaking

Lucas stares down at the stake in his heart, his eyes wide and his mouth slack. In the back of Lucas' throat, there's a metallic taste that gets stronger every second.

Lucas lets out a weak cough, which results in blood filling Lucas' mouth. "Now let's see if you die." The boss says gravely, yanking the stake out of Lucas' chest.

Lucas is astonished when, not even a minute later, he feels the healing process kick in as he spits blood onto the ground.

It takes a few minutes, but the bleeding stops and the hole in Lucas' heart closes over, starting to beat again as it falls in line with the status quo of body functions.

The boss stares in astonishment at how fast Lucas healed while Lucas' eyes suddenly flash golden.

"What was that?" The boss asks, snapping his gaze to Lucas' face. Lucas holds his breath, wondering what the hunter thinks that weird light was.

The boss rushes over to the door, opening it and peering through the doorway. The boss shuts the door again, then turns to glare at Lucas.

"You tell me what that light was and how you healed so quickly!" The boss spits fire, pausing for a moment to give Lucas time to answer. But Lucas stays silent.

"Now!" The boss demands. "Or I'll stake you again." The boss threatens.

Lucas feels his upper lip rise to show his bared teeth and a snarl leaves his mouth, completely sick of these hunter games.

"How am I supposed to know? You're the one who's the expert on this stuff!" Lucas replies defensively.

"You're right." The boss says, surprising Lucas. "Which is funny because I still think you're a vampire. Maybe a different kind, an unknown kind." Lucas growls under his breath, unable to believe the nerve of this guy.

Lucas has proved more than once that he's not a vampire. He was just staked and didn't die! Isn't that enough proof?

"A vampire can't survive being staked. It's my super healing." Lucas states, leaving off the "obviously" that he wants to add.

"I don't believe that's all. We'll just have to keep you here until I converse with my associates." The boss says quietly, almost to himself, as he shakes his head thoughtfully.