Worry Your Brains Out

A/N:
Date 5-5-17

Hey everyone! So both of my vampire stories have rankings! This story is #621 in Vampire.

Taken Away is #741 in Vampire. If you haven't read my newest story Taken Away, go check it out!

Thanks to all of my loyal followers who read, vote, and comment on my stories. I love you guys! XD

Alright, here's the chapter :)

Word Count: 3076

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 13: Worry Your Brains Out

"If we go down then we down together!" Ivie calls over her shoulder in a singsong voice, teasing Lena as they leave the dining room.

"Really? Did you think you could get away with taunting me right after selling me out?" Lena asks, putting her hands on her hips with an angry scowl on her face and an amused look in her eyes.

Ivie's eyes widen, realizing just how serious this situation could get.

Lena takes off, racing after Ivie as she desperately tries to get to her room. Lena laughs at Ivie as they run, knowing Ivie won't make it. Ivie isn't very good at running.

Lena catches up to Ivie quickly in the hallway, knocking Ivie to the ground. Then Lena attacks Ivie by tickling her stomach.

Their parents never allowed fighting in the house, so Lena and Ivie used tickle fights as attack tactics. But this is the first time in awhile that there was a tickle fight.

"Stop it!" Ivie squeals in the girliest way possible, gasping for breath.

Lena laughs and continues her assault, but stops when Ivie yelps out in pain. Jumping up, Lena feels her joy turning to dread. "What is it?" Lena demands to know, reaching down to help Ivie stand.

Ivie glares at Lena's hand, ignoring the offer. Standing up and stepping away from Lena, Ivie crosses her arms defensively. "You shocked me."

"I did?" Lena asks excitedly, eyebrows raising in surprise and mouth curving up in satisfaction. Lena has been working on her magic, but Jerica's the one who is good with electricity.

Ivie's eyes narrow at her younger sister, who didn't even have the decency to apologize. Ivie doesn't say a word, she just stalks away to her room in the attic.

"Ivie! I'm sorry!" Lena calls out, but both of them know it's not sincere. The grin just won't leave Lena's face as she thinks about this small achievement.

/////////////////

"First of all, sorry for being an awful girlfriend. Second of all, my parents invited you to dinner tomorrow night." Ivie tells Adrian over the phone in a rush.

There's a pause on the other end of the call while Adrian thinks about what Ivie just said. Adrian decides to go with the less complicated subject. "You told your parents that we're dating?"

"Yes." Ivie answers with a lie, forgetting that Adrian can read heartbeats.

Adrian's lips curve up in a lazy smile as he listens to Ivie's heartbeat through the phone. "Liar. Someone told them."

Ivie sighs loudly into the phone. "Same thing. So will you come or not?" Ivie demands to know, not caring if that wasn't a good comeback. Nothing Ivie ever says is a good comeback.