Sleepless Nights and Unresolved Fights

A/N:
Date 5-2-17

Hey everyone! In case you haven't heard, I published a new story on Wattpad called Taken Away. The prologue and the first three chapters are up, as of right now.

Taken Away is about telepaths and vampires. Go check it out and tell me what you think about the story!

Alright, now on to the chapter!

Word Count: 3069

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12: Sleepless Nights and Unresolved Fights

Lena tosses and turns most of Sunday night, unable to sleep knowing her sister is probably out there somewhere in the woods as someone else.

Lena decides that she does need to know, so she gets up to see if Ivie is asleep in her room.

Sneaking upstairs to the attic, Lena is careful to be extra quiet to not wake her parents.

When Lena enters Ivie's room, she is hit with a wave of disappointment. Ivie's gone.

////////////////

Ivie wakes up Monday morning in her bedroom, covered in dirt with leaves in her hair. Ivie checks the time and sees that if she doesn't hurry she'll be late for school.

After taking a quick shower and changing clothes, Ivie heads off to school like nothing unordinary happened. At least no one was hurt. Probably.

//////////////////

Adrian wanders the streets of Alton, Illinois, conflicted on what to do from here.

Mr. Woltz didn't email Adrian again, which means the hunters got to him. Kitsune number four should be emailing Adrian sometime today, unless he didn't make it either.

Adrian can't help but wonder how he can survive this if Mr. Woltz, the man that trained Adrian for five years, was taken down by hunters. Mr. Woltz was a tough guy so he should've been okay.

Adrian stops in the middle of the street as people go around him. Adrian can survive this. He's Adrian. He has to make it. Right?

Then Adrian notices how close all of these people are to him. Adrian is thirsty, but he doesn't want to feed from anyone and he can't drink animal blood anymore.

But Adrian needs to be strong in case the hunters find him, so he has to find human blood somewhere without hurting anyone.

Adrian heads for the nearest hospital, feeling sort of guilty for what he's about to do, but it's better than feeding off strangers. Then again, the blood that Adrian's about to steal could save lives.

But Adrian knows that he can't feed off anyone then see Ivie like nothing happened. If she wants to see you. The voice in Adrian's head says to make Adrian doubt himself. Adrian resists the urge to yell at himself in the middle of the street. That would make Adrian look crazy.

So Adrian enters the hospital, compels a few people, and walks out with a bag full of human blood. Adrian didn't want to take too much, so he asked for ten blood bags, hoping that'll last him a few weeks.

As Adrian is walking back to his hotel room around 3pm, he receives a phone call. "Hello?" Adrian answers the call, seeing it's Monique.

"Hey! Where are you? You said you'd be back by Monday morning, Adrian. It's Monday evening!" Monique immediately starts lecturing Adrian.