Distressing Conversations

A/N:
Date 6-20-17

Hey everyone! I finished typing this chapter in 1 hour and 30mins. That has to be a record! I was at 2000 words when it was exactly an hour since I started the chapter, then the last 30 mins I was distracted so it took a bit longer than it had to.

But wow, I can type fast. Anyway, I wrote this chapter earlier but didn't have time to edit it until now. That's why I didn't publish it right after I finished.

Word Count: 2555

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 32: Distressing Conversations

"Ivie! I need to talk to you!" Mrs. Sterling yells up to her oldest daughter.

Ivie freezes in the downstairs bathroom. She hid there to keep from getting caught when Lena was sent to her room because Ivie had been listening to their conversation.

With how harsh their mom had talked to Lena, Ivie did not want to go into the living room.

But Ivie would be grounded for not listening to her mom, so Ivie waits a moment to make it seem like she was coming from her room upstairs, then goes into the living room.

"Yeah, Mom?" Ivie says calmly as she sits on the couch near her mom.

Mrs. Sterling looks down at her hands in her lap and sighs, then gazes at Ivie with a sad smile.

"You didn't have anything to do with Lena and your father leaving, did you?" Mrs. Sterling asks softly, acting like normal even though she was just speaking cruelly towards Lena.

"No, of course not Mom." Ivie answers truthfully, wondering if that's all they had to talk about. Ivie hopes that's the case.

"Good. And your boyfriend Adrian... He seems like a nice guy." Mrs. Sterling says thoughtfully.

Ivie's eyebrows furrow in confusion, wondering where this is going. "Yeah, he's great. Why do you ask?"

Mrs. Sterling leans over from her seat in the armchair, placing a hand on Ivie's arm. "I just want what's best for you." She says with tears brimming her eyes.

"Mom, you don't need to worry about that. I know what I'm doing. I can make good decisions." Ivie assures her mom, even though she's been second guessing her relationship with Adrian since it began.

"I just have one question about him that I need a straight answer for." Mrs. Sterling says seriously, gripping Ivie's arm tightly.

"Okay. Can you let go of my arm?" Ivie exclaims in slight horror at the death grip her mom has. What is that about?

Mrs. Sterling releases Ivie's arm, which leaves a red ring of a hand print. Ivie rubs at it, but it doesn't go away. It fades a bit after a moment, but it can still be seen.

Mrs. Sterling is relieved that it didn't heal immediately, which means her daughter isn't a vampire or a werewolf. She had been concerned because the Kitsune is in town and Lena's boyfriend is a werewolf. Well, ex-boyfriend.

"Sorry hun. Now for my question." Mrs. Sterling says, pausing for dramatic effect like she usually does when saying something she deems important.

"Is Adrian human?" Mrs. Sterling finally asks, causing Ivie's heart to beat like crazy.

Ivie forces her eyebrows to furrow in confusion as she says, "Yes. Of course he is." Ivie frowns like she couldn't believe that Adrian would be anything but human.