/3/

Chapter 3

'Thinking before acting
is wisdom but acting
before thinking
is R E G R E T.'

I hear some words screamed at me from behind but I don't stop running

I hear some words screamed at me from behind but I don't stop running. The smell and sound of more wolves approaching the scene filled me and poor whatever his name was didn't even realise.

He could be removed from the pack all together if they found out he was talking to me, a rogue.

After the small surge of power leaves my fingertips I slow down immensely, trying to conserve as much energy as possible.

My ears twitch as a rustle of leaves catches my attention. Turning my head around, a girl about the age of 17 appears, looking really scared.

I practically tiptoe towards her, making sure to be gentle as possible. See, most rogues were not rogue by choice. Most of them had either been kicked out, or willingly left because of some of the traumas they had to face. Everyone likes to think pack life is so great but everything has a dark side.

She whimpers as I try to console her, spotting a few hand prints on her skin. "You ran away from your pack, didn't you?" She nods, coming closer to me.

An advantage of having an Alpha as a mate was that I had the aura of a Luna. People easily felt comfortable with me.

Her arms wrap tightly around as she shakes uncontrollably, obviously being influenced by my aura. "All I wanted was a normal family. My brother, he tried so hard to protect me! He always used to sneak me food and everything. He let me have showers in his glorious room and gave me love. But the Beta saw. He saw me. And he beat me black and blue for being in the Delta's room without permission!"

She continues to cry until she calms down and I let her finish, waiting to hear her subtle sniffles before trying anything. To console her, I attempt to smile and hold her hand. "Come with me, you're not safe on your own."

Goddess knows who could get to an unmated female. Especially because she is at the heat age.

I look around, trying to see where her possessions are. "Where are your things?"

She looks at me, snuggling closer to me before crying harder. "I-I had n-no time! They s-saw me pa-c packing and I h-had to flee!"

I nod, understanding her situation. "We have no time to waste, we have to leave." She nods and prepares for running, and we run closer to the next territory.

" She nods and prepares for running, and we run closer to the next territory