/Epilogue/

/Quinn/

-1 year later-

I sign the documents and attempt to smile at the woman who looks a bit scared. "So you want Cain?"

I nod and hold my arms out as she places the small bundle of joy in my arms.

His green eyes look straight into my own and his tiny hand reaches for my scar. He giggles as he strokes my cheek and and he gurgles random noises.

The woman looks a bit less scared but her face still looks terrified.

She gives me an information pack and a bag filled with booklets. "Take care of him. Goodbye Alpha Black!"

Nobody called me by my first name. My last name was a remembrance to the previous Alpha. My last name was a reminder to people that he was my mate and how I loved him.

The chubby baby looks at me and snuggles closer to my chest. I rub my cheek against him, a greeting to my new child, my heir.

He giggles when I do this and I crack a small smile at him. My baby.

Lea waits by the car, a green blanket in her hand. Her mate is stood beside her, smiling down at her.

"Let me see him!" She eagerly reaches out for the baby and I carefully pass him to her.
"Awwwww!" She cradle and coos at him and her mate looks like he's going to have a heart attack of cuteness.

Memories of him flash into my mind and I sigh deeply.

It's been so long. It's been so hard. But I've done it. I've done it.

"Give him back!" She rolls her eyes but passes me Cain back, a look of sadness on her face.

"I can't wait to have him home! The pack house will actually be full of life again!"

I ignore her and open the car door, placing him gently in the seat I bought in preparation of him coming. As soon as I let go, his face scrunches up and he lets out a cry, both his arms waving in the air.

Lea sits on one side of him and her mate -Alexander- sits on the other.

I get in the front and put the key in the ignition, ready to start this new adventure. The car starts and I'm off, driving further and further away from the adoption centre.

The drive is hard. My eyes threaten to close, but I keep reminding myself that home is close, a new beginning is close.

When the Pack house is in sight, I sigh in relief and slow the car down, eager to leave the claustrophobic area.

My baby seems to notice the sudden stop and opens his eyes, yawning and stretching. He looks at me, his eyes filling with tears.

A loud wail is heard and both the adults beside him wake up with a jolt.

"What cake?! I wasn't eating your cake! What cake?!"

I roll my eyes at the crazy girl and stretch my limbs, shaking each one. After, I reach for my baby and he goes quiet as soon as I've got a hold of him.

Lea and Alexander trail behind me, holding hands, constantly secretly smiling at each other.

I raise my eyebrow but I open the door of my home anyway, ignoring their suspicious behaviour.

Switching the lights on, I close my eyes for a minute.

When I open them, all of my pack member are stood and cheering, banners hung up everywhere.

Cain starts crying at all the noise and he snuggles closer to my chest, his tears soaking my blouse.

Everyone aww's and I smile at them.

"Everyone, welcome my child and your future Alpha: Cain! "

Howls erupt and even Cain cracks a smile, as if he understands what's going on. I rub my thumb across his cheeks and smile.

A fresh, new beginning.

A short Epilogue. It wraps up the end, or rather the new beginning, of Quinn's life. She's adopted, which I think is great.

Even though Alpha Silas did end up dying in the end, I'm quiet happy with the ending. Yes, I did cry. And yes, it was painful to write. But, there is an heir. And a new start.

I'm hoping this was slightly different to other werewolves books. I wanted the Alpha to die, because many times in the ending the mates are happy together.

I didn't want that. Thus the ending.

However, there is a indirect sequel as I have mentioned before. This one is Alpha Bennett's story.

It's called Reuniting With Her Alpha but it is in Alpha Bennett's point of view. I've dropped hints of what happened to him and now I'll write the story.

Here is the summary (I have no extract yet):

Imagine being a normal, everyday werewolf with a mate and a family and an unborn child. Now imagine being ripped away from that perfect life because you were 'part of a scam'.

Bennett was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And that one, tiny mistake led to a bounty on his head. A lot of money to find him and to give him to Alpha Silas, for the Alpha to just murder Bennett.

Bennett runs. Away from his family, away from his mate and away from his unborn child. All to save his life. But what happens when he meets a rogue pack? And what happens when three years later, he wants to see him mate again?

I hope you enjoyed the summary and I hope you check out the book as soon as it is up!