/4/

Chapter 4

'The only thing
keeping me sane
is escaping reality.'

"Isla you need to run

"Isla you need to run. My wolf has taken over and this is taking all my energy just to talk to you. She's taking me to the pack house. RUN!"

But being the stupid girl she is, she doesn't. She shakes her head and runs with me towards the familiar pack house.

My wolf howls in delight in my mind and the smell of nature fills my nostrils. Oh no. CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! He's close. He's so close.

I hear a growl followed by a howl from the pack house and I finally take control, running away from the pack house, from my mate.

Isla let's a breath out in relief and slows down, her energy being used. She's getting tired.

She turns around and screams. I know I can't turn around. I know if I turn around, I'll never be able to leave.

"What is it? Why did you scream? Calm down, they won't get to us!"

She looks at me panting before she speaks.

"It's the Alpha. It's definitely the Alpha. And his Beta and Delta. And warriors. So many warriors. They're following us. I know they are!"

She looks at me and whispers in fright. "One of them is your mate isn't it?" She gulps slightly and speeds up to match my pace.

Looking at her frightened face, I give her a three word answer. An answer that leaves her in more shock than she already is.

"Yes, the Alpha."

We reach a pond and I breathe out in relief

We reach a pond and I breathe out in relief. I shift into wolf form and let Isla wander into the river, swimming a bit.

The woods stretched for miles. I remember at least that from the last time I was here. When my life was worse than it is now. The glistening river I would bathe myself in shines and I smile.