8 | uh oh

8 | UH OH

Calista hung her head over the toilet as she waited for the results to come in

Calista hung her head over the toilet as she waited for the results to come in. She had been throwing up every consecutive morning for the past week since she left California, and she was worried that something had begun brewing inside of her.

A small beep erupted from the fancy stick and Calista cringed. She shut her eyes tightly and grabbed up the stick in her hands. She breathed in and out ten consecutive times until she forced her eyes open to reveal the test results.

Her eyes widened in shock. It couldn't be. She tested positive. Her pregnancy test stick clearly read in fancy, bold letters:

PREGNANT 5-7 WEEKS

"Shit." Calista cursed. She knew exactly who the father was. He was the only person she had hooked up with in the past two months. Who knew one night could cause so much trouble? She thought. She sighed and suddenly felt a bubbling feeling erupt in her stomach.

She begrudgingly leaned over the toilet once again and allowed herself to release the contents of her lunch into the toilet as she threw up vehemently. She cleaned off her face and eyed herself in the mirror, then huffed. She walked over to her wall phone in the kitchen and rang up Michael's number, hoping that he'd be home to answer.

As the phone rang, Calista watched the television as images of news reporters flickered across the screen as they discussed different topics. One of the topics they began to discuss featured an image of an ambulance. When the other end of the line went to voicemail, Calista hung up— meandering over to the couch to listen in on the news report.

She grabbed the remote resting on the coffee table and turned up the volume, tuning into the report. "Singer Michael Joseph Jackson has recently been hospitalized due to major burn injuries inflicted while recording a Pepsi commercial in Hollywood. The star's family release a statement. . ." The petite blonde woman on the screen informed.

Calista looked down at her stomach as she tuned out the television. She contemplated whether telling Michael right at that moment would be appropriate, but she quickly concluded that she would let him heal after his incident until she would share the news with him.

Although she didn't want to have the baby, she was sure that she was going to keep it. She always wanted a baby of her own, although she never expected it to come to her while she was so young and... well, single. Calista placed a warm hand to her stomach and smiled small. "You, were a mistake. But you are the best mistake I've ever made." Calista laughed, suddenly realizing that she would be a mother in some months.