15 | marry me

15 | MARRY ME

What was supposed to be a few days turned into a few weeks, and next thing Calista knew— she was watching the media with Michael blow up after Michael had released his album

What was supposed to be a few days turned into a few weeks, and next thing Calista knew— she was watching the media with Michael blow up after Michael had released his album. Michael had invited tons of sick children from hospitals around the world to come visit Neverland Ranch, opening it for the first time to the public.

Calista stood alongside Michael, with Milani's small hand in hers, before the grand gate with all of the children standing just beyond it. Michael's staff opened it, welcomingly, inviting the children to run in and play in the park. All of the children ran for the carousel they wanted so badly to ride and Milani ran after them as best as she could.

Calista and Michael remained where they were, smiling at the sight. Michael intertwined his hand with Calista's, in place of Milani. "Children are so pure." Calista's heart warmed.

Michael squeezed her hand. "Would you want to have any more?" Michael asked, looking at Calista's profile.

"Of course. I wouldn't want Milani to be alone forever." Calista spoke without removing her eyes on Milani from afar.

Michael was silent for a few more minutes before continuing to ask more questions. "Why don't you move in? It would be better for Milani. It would be better for all of us." Michael inquired.

Calista eyed Michael. "I'll think about it..." She moved her eyes back to focus on Milani.

* * *

After two days of Calista not deciding whether or not she would move in with Michael, Michael grew impatient. He quickly went out and purchased the nicest engagement ring money could buy so that he could pop the question to ensure that she would be his forever and always. He was sick and tired of feeling regret for not expressing himself when they first were together during the filming of Thriller, so he wanted to make haste and waste no time.

Without another thought crossing his mind, he returned home, told Calista to wear something nice and meet him outside. Little did she know, he had hired a photographer to capture the moment outside when he would pop the question. Michael threw on a suit and stood outside. He waited a few moments before Calista came out in an elegant dress she had wore to a fashion show in Paris she attended early in the year.

Calista was completely lost as to why Michael wanted her to join him outside, particularly in a fancy dress. Michael fidgeted as she approached him with a confused look spread across her face. "What in the hell is going on, Michael?" She giggled, looking down at his attire.

"Calista, before I begin, I want to say that I love you. I've loved you the moment you gave me the best thing anyone could ever reward me with: my child. You're kind, caring, intelligent and extremely talented, which I admire." Michael took her hands in his, curing the photographer to come out of hiding and find the perfect position to capture the moment.

Calista furrowed her brows as she watched Michael get down on one knee. So many thoughts cross her mind. She knew immediately what he was going to do. Her hands began to tremble and her heart began to nervously race.

"I want you to be mine, forever and for always. Calista Rose, will you do me the honor and marry me?" Michael smiled sweetly up at Calista, pulling out the ring he had purchased and showed it to her.

Calista began to tear up and instinctively nodded her head wildly. She stuck out her hand so that Michael could slip on the ring on her left hand. As soon as he did so, Calista attacked him with a tight hug and many kisses. Her face grew sore from smiling so much.