11 | baby milani

11 | BABY MILANI

The two, after many hours of contemplation, had decided on the name Milani Rose Jackson

The two, after many hours of contemplation, had decided on the name Milani Rose Jackson. It suited the beautiful girl so well. "She's so beautiful, just like her mother." Michael indirectly complimented.

Calista smiled shyly at him. "Sure. But she doesn't look anything like me. It's all you." Calista analyzed Milani's face.

Michael cocked his head and looked at Milani. He hummed. "I still think she looks you." He shrugged.

The two continued to quietly bicker over parent-like things, but then, their reunion had to quickly end, for Michael had to leave; he was touring with his brothers on the Victory Tour and he had a concert in a couple days. As he was exiting the door, he looked back at Calista. "We'll see each other again soon." He said, a bit too confidently.

Calista found his comment strange, but simply nodded at him and returned her attention to Milani. Michael then left the hospital and flew far away once again to tour.

* * *

About a week after Milani was born, Calista went out in public with her— allowing the paparazzi to capture a few shots, informing the world that she had a child. After the news spread like an epidemic, Penelope was bombarded with calls begging to have Calista on their show to ask questions such as: who was the father of baby Milani? Though, many had already speculated that it was Michael.

Every two weeks, Milani would fly with the nanny over to be with her father— leaving Calista alone for another two weeks to focus on her career. Michael and Calista didn't speak unless it was about Milani, and they never saw each other in person again after Calista birthed Milani.

Calista resumed her world tour and finished it by the end of that year. Although she hadn't been able to work on any music because time seemed to fly past her, she was able to jot down lyrics to some songs she wanted to write— particularly about Milani.

Once Calista finished her world tour, she went back to New York and focused on producing her next album: Roses and Thorns. The track list varies from slow songs to being grateful for her career's success to her love for her daughter and what joy she brought her. Because the industry had upped its game by adding in filmography into the mix of artistry, Calista had decided to make that album a visual album— having a music video or short film that corresponded with every song that was featured on the album.

While Calista progressed on her album, Michael began his project as well: Bad. His fiery songs that he wrote and produced lit a match in his soul that rewarded him with a confidence he hadn't had so much before. He felt as if he were invincible and could do anything— including getting Calista back.