14 | final days

14 | FINAL DAYS

It was their last night in Cuba and Calista had proposed that they go to a local club by the beach since they were already on the beach

It was their last night in Cuba and Calista had proposed that they go to a local club by the beach since they were already on the beach. Michael agreed and the two walked over to the club. They dance, drank, sang and even smoked a Cuban cigar together, coughing uncontrollably and laughing.

"Oh my god, I've never smoked before." Calista admitted, placing a hand to her chest.

Michael nodded as he puffed the thick cigar. "Me too." He snickered.

Calista gasped. "And you've been playing like you've done this before for the whole time!" Calista exclaimed, playfully punching his arm. Michael chuckled and sipped his whiskey.

"Remember that night we had a dance competition. I was so drunk." Flashes of the night replayed in Calista's mind.

Michael out out the cigar and smiled at Calista. "It was a good night." He nodded.

Calista gazed at Michael, lovingly. They had bonded so much over the weekend both emotionally and physically. "Will you sing me a song from your new album?" Calista asked, laying her tired head on his shoulder.

Michael thought of what song he would sing her then decided to softly sing her Liberian Girl, although they were in the back of a party pub, they felt like they were the only two that existed at that very moment in each other's arms.

* * *

The next day, the two were in California, for Calista had agreed to stay a few days before returning to New York. Mrs. Katherine was having a family brunch at her house and had asked Michael to invite Calista as well.

Michael, Calista and Milani had all arrived at the Jackson family home with abundant flowers and food. Before they even knocked on the door, one of Michael's many brothers opened the door— taking some of the load they carried off of their arms. "Thanks, Tito." Michael thanked as the three followed Tito in.

Tito waved Michael's thanks off, heading straight for the kitchen. The entire family was already there, and they all greeted Calista and hugged Michael and Milani. The Jacksons and Calista, for once, ate as a loving family and welcomed Calista into their family.