27 | routines

27 | ROUTINES

Milani carefully watched her mother apply a very thick coat of makeup before the show that night

Milani carefully watched her mother apply a very thick coat of makeup before the show that night. She knew that she would have to stay behind, because, unlike the first show her parents had done, the show would go on a lot later than usual.

Venus was in the bath, splashing around as Michael ran around the bathroom to find a towel for his daughter. Once he finally found one, he helped her out of the bath and plopped Gisele in next. Michael was used to the routine of tending to his few children, and he loved it. He adored being a father, and he wanted to have a lot more children with Calista.

"Milani, go find Vicky and see if she'll run you a bath in the other bathroom. Mommy and Daddy are running late and neither one of us can do it if we want to make it on time." Calista spoke to Milani as if she were an adult. She would occasionally forget that her daughter was only 8 years old.

Milani nodded and quietly walked out of the bathroom, looking for her nanny. "When did we end up having so many kids?" Calista huffed and she put away her makeup and began dressing Venus, who was running around the bathroom in the nude like a wild child.

"When you gave birth." Michael snarked.

Calista scoffed. "Does having twins run in your family or something?" Calista asked as she eyed Venus and Gisele.

Michael shook his head and shrugged. "Yours?" He asked, pulling Gisele out of the water and handing her towel.

"Nope." Calista crossed her arms, contemplating whether she had any relatives that were twins. However, because she didn't know of many of her relatives, she couldn't have known if having twins was genetic. Calista hoped it wasn't because she wanted to have another child. Child; singular; she knew that having more than one more would absolutely exhaust all of the energy out of her and she would never be able to tour like she was now ever again.

Michael quickly set out Gisele's pajamas and instructed her to put them on. As soon as she finished slipping on her clothes, Calista and Michael bounced out of the hotel. They dodged every paparazzi in order to be able to arrive in just enough time to perform after the opening acts.