32 | dance competition pt. ii

32 | DANCE COMPETITION PT. II

 II

1 album release and three years later

It was finally Calista's 40th birthday and she was feeling a bit old. Milani was already 15 and Venus & Gisele were almost 9. Despite her plans of having more children, she felt far too old to even consider carrying anymore children.

Calista was hosting and performing a benefit for children with illnesses across the globe. She performed her recent hits from her latest album and her best hits of all time. The crowd was happy, and Calista could see that, but her eyes seemed to be glued on her children that were looking up at their mother admiringly.

Michael had been socializing with the guests in the crowd, but Calista couldn't seem to find him amongst the people in the crowd anymore. She grew worried and as soon as the song she was performing finished, she scurried backstage to ask around for him.

No one seemed to have seen Michael, and Calista's cue had came on for her to renter the stage. She ran back on the pitch black stage and stood in her position to began to her dance. The lights slowly came on, and Calista looked around, for that wasn't how the lights were supposed to cut on.

None of her dancers were on stage and Calista spoke into the microphone. "So we're just not going to do our jobs anymore, huh?" Calista scoffed into the microphone.

Suddenly, a large cake with hundreds of candles sparkling on top of his was rolled out onto the stage. Michael came out quickly behind. He held a microphone of his own and began to sing happy birthday to Calista.

Calista beamed at the cute gesture. The audience began to sing along too. Once Michael finished singing, he jogged up to her to hug her. Just when Calista thought he was going to exit the stage for her to continue her performance, Michael lifted his crystal encrusted microphone to his lips.

"When I first fell in love with Calista..." He began. The crowd screamed and cheered.

Calista rolled her eyes at, what she thought was, his sentimental speech. "...we were having a dance battle. Of course, I won—" Michael brushed his shoulder.

"Don't get cocky, Jackson." Calista spoke into her gold microphone.

Michael waved her off. "But, I think I should giver her a chance to win this time. What do you say, Cal? Are you up for a round two?" Michael challenged.

Calista took her lip between her teeth and thought about it for a quick second. Then, she nodded, accepting his challenge. The two danced and danced, finishing off the show with their little competition.

[these are the dances I imagined they did]

an: The people hyping bey in that video are my mood 24/7