29 | on the road

29 | ON THE ROAD

The Jackson clan quickly hit the road once again to begin the second leg of the tour they seemed to have been on for so long

The Jackson clan quickly hit the road once again to begin the second leg of the tour they seemed to have been on for so long. Before every show, Calista stood backstage and greeted the VIP guests that paid to meet her. She signed many autographs and took many pictures with fans, however, Michael was never present. He loved his fans, though they could get a bit too emotional around him.

Calista greeted another fan, a petite woman that had dark brown hair and cocoa eyes that seemed to blend with her facial features perfectly. She was definitely not from Asia, her westerner features rapidly gave that away. "Calista, do you remember me from Monaco?"

"Yes! That's where I remember you from. Because I didn't see you..." Calista trailed off, placing a faux smile on her face to please her fans although she was evidently lying.

The woman stuck out her arm and flashed her bracelet. "I gave you one like this." She pointed to her accessory.

Calista looked at the bracelet and didn't recall receiving one, but continued to fake a smile and lie. "Yes! I still have it." Calista nodded, giving a hug to the woman.

Just as Calista was breaking the hug, a small Venus pranced into the room. She had briefly heard of her mother's lying and, being the innocent young girl she was, asked why she was lying. "Mama, wh—why you lyin'?" Venus tugged her her mother's leotard.

Calista shot her a look and nudged her away. "Sorry." She sent an apologetic look to the fan that seemed to be suddenly heartbroken.

The fan waved her off, as if she forgave her then analyzed Venus. Not many fans had seen any of Calista and Michael's children in real life, and she felt somewhat honored. "Venus, go back into the dressing room with your daddy." Calista gestured over one of the stage managers to take her back to her father, however was stopped when Michael rushed into the VIP area— matching leotard unbuttoned— looking for Venus.

All of the fans in the room cheered and shrieked, some even fainted at the sight. Michael, truly, was looking quite well at that moment and took Calista's breath away when she saw how perfectly his face was framed by his curly hair. "Venus!" He exclaimed, grabbing her up and pressing her to his chest, protectively.

Venus giggled. "Daddy!" She shouted. Many of the fans awed.

Calista chuckled and floated over to her soon-to-be husband. Her lips ghosted his as she barely brushed a kiss onto his plump lips. "Sorry, Cal." He began to get lost in Calista's deep brown eyes.

"Mhm." Calista snickered then nudged him away to leave the room, for he still had to finish getting ready. Michael obeyed her nonverbal instruction and scurried away back into his prep room with Venus still locked into his arms.

When Calista turned around, all of the fans were gawking or admiring the sight. Calista shifted her weight on her feet, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.