one

Malia's POV

"We're going to that party tonight, right?" I ask into the phone.

"Definitely. Everyone's gonna be there." Emma responds.

"Do you and the girls wanna come over before to get ready?" I stand up and turn on the water to my shower.

"That sounds good. Text the other girls and see if they're good with it. The party starts at 8 so want me to come over around 5?"

"Yea that gives up plenty of time." I say. I check the clock and it's 3.

"Alright, see ya then."

"Bye." I draw out the word then hang up.

I send a quick text to Grace and Clara asking them if they wanted to come over beforehand to get dressed. But knowing them, they had probably already planned on showing up without a proper invitation. And after my shower, my phone reveals exactly that. And that they were already at my door.

"Coming!" I yell and make my way to my apartment door.

I open it up, revealing my 3 best friends.

"Hey guys." I smile and let them in.

"I can't wait for the party tonight. It supposed to be the best one this summer." Clara grins.

"Well then we better get ready." Grace winks at us and we head upstairs to my room.

"I have no clue what I'm going to wear, Malia. I'm probably going to borrow something of yours. You have amazing clothes." Emma begins to look through my closet.

"You always borrow my clothes, Em." I roll my eyes.

"But they're so cute!" She exclaims pulling out a black top. "Where are your shorts?"

"In the top drawer." I chuckle.

"Thanks, Lia." She smiles.

"Will you ever wear your own clothes?" Grace asks her.

"Probably not. Lia and I are the same size." She shrugs.

"You're a strange one, Em." Clara teases.

"But you love me." Emma dramatically flips her hair then laughs. "What are you guys wearing?"

"I have no idea." I answer honestly and look through my closet.

"Me either, I didn't like anything I tried on." Clara flops down on my bed.

"You just don't think anything's good enough to impress him. But trust me, Clar, you look perfect in anything." Emma tells her.

"Oh yea, the boys will be there. You just want to impress Luke, don't you Clara?" I tease.

"C'mon don't act like you're not excited to see Calum." She remarks.

"I'm not. I thought we established this. I don't like him." I sigh. I feel like I had this conversation everyday.

"But you went on a date with him." Grace points out.

"It was a double date and only because you forced me to go on it with you and Ashton because you think Calum and I are soul mates or something." I pull out a pair of shorts. "What about these?

"Don't change the topic." Emma smirks. "Deep down we know you like Calum."

"He's attractive." I admit. "But I don't like him."

The truth is I have a tiny crush on Calum. Not anything big enough to say though. I just thought he was extremely attractive and he was sweet and funny and carefree. It was probably just a phase I'm going through so I don't bother adding fuel to the fire the girls always start.

"You're so stubborn." Clara shakes her head and chuckles.

"I know." I smile sweetly. "Now what about the outfit?"

"Yea wear your stupid converse you wear everyday with it." Grace tells me.

"Thank you for finally being helpful." I say sarcastically.

"Now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear." Clara whines.

"Luke's practically head over heels for you, Clara. You could dress in anything and he'd still like you." Grace tells her.

"He doesn't like me. That's why I need to impress him." She protests.

No matter how much we try to convince Clara she never believes us. Luke so obviously likes her and he's even admitted it to me.

"Whatever, Clara." I sigh.

"I have the perfect outfit for you though." Grace says and pulls some clothes out of her bag. "It'll look great on you, trust me."

After hours of changing in and out of outfits, doing our hair and makeup, and many friendly arguments we're finally reading for the party.

"Michael is going to pick us up." Emma looks up from her phone.

"Does he have all the boys with him?" I ask.

"Yea." Emma answers.

"Great." Grace says sarcastically. "That means you get to sit in the front but we the rest of us have to squeeze our asses into the back seat. It's only made for 2 people, you know? Not 6!"

"Well then tell your boyfriend to get a car." Emma rolls her eyes.

"I don't think he ever will." Grace laughs.

"So my boyfriend's car will have to do then." Emma smiles.

Clara and I look at each other and say monotonously in unison. "Single club."

"He's here." Emma announces. "Let's go down."

We all grab our phones and make our way out of my apartment building, to Michael's black car.

Emma opens the passenger seat door, getting in the car with ease. She is busy kissing Michael while the rest of us try to fit comfortably in the back seat.

"Hello ladies." Luke smiles.

"Hey Luke." I smile back at him.

Grace makes her way over to Ashton and sits on his lap. Luke grabs Clara's hand with a smirk and pulls her onto his lap.

"Looks like you're with me." Calum grabs my hips and pulls me onto him. He puts his mouth right next to my ear and softly whispers. "Hey Malia."

I cringe. "Cal! You know I'm ticklish."

"That's why I do it." He smirks.

Michael and Emma finally stop kissing and Michael starts the car.

"This party is going to be epic."