five

Calum's POV

"Calum?" Someone next to me whispers loudly.

"Who is it?" I whisper back.

"It's Malia, I lost everyone else back at the door." She says.

I lift my phone up and flash the light into her face. "How'd you lose them?"

"God, Calum! Don't put the light in my face!" She covers her eyes.

"Sorry." I muter, pointing my phone towards the floor. "But how'd you lose them?"

"I left my phone back at the house, so I don't have a light." She answers.

"Well just stick with me then." I offer and she nods.

We continue walking through the dark house. I flashed the light across the wall and on the ceiling, taking in the scene. It was as dark and creepy as it looked outside, but it looked a lot less old. Nothing was falling apart and the house seemed to have a modern look to it. It also almost seemed clean.

"How long are we staying in this creepy place?" Malia asks me.

"No clue, we can get out as soon as we find the door again though. I don't really like it in here." I respond.

"We should go into one of the rooms. The hallway is boring." She suggests.

I nod in agreement and we turn to our right, which is wear the nearest room is. My hand hovers over the doorknob for a minute before I slowly turn in and open the door. It turns out to be a bedroom. There is very large, messy bed in the center of the room and furniture spread across the room. Strange objects are placed all around the room.

We walk into the room and take in our surroundings. It gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach and a chill goes up my spine.

My hand goes along the wall until I find a light switch. I flip the switch, not expecting it to work in this old house but, surprisingly, a small light on the ceiling turns on.

"How do the lights work still?" Malia asks.

"No clue." I mumble, and I really had no idea. The house looks like it hadn't been lived in in years, but if that was the case then the lights wouldn't work.

Slowly creaks echo throughout the room and the slow, soft sound of something scratching against wood.

"I really don't like this place, let's get out of here." I quickly say.

"I couldn't agree with you more." Malia turns around and makes her way to the door.

I hear a thump behind me and my head snaps back. A cabinet drawer had opened. Then the lights go out.

"Yea, let's go quickly." I place a hand on her back so I know where she is and we practically run out of the room.

"Let's find our way back to the door so we can get the hell out of this place." Malia mutters as we walk thorugh the dark.

We wander the empty halls full dusty, cobweb covered furniture and statues. We hadn't heard anything from the others and I was beginning to worry. I'd expect to at least here footsteps or whispers throughout the house. But besides our own footsteps, it was silent.

"Where could they be?" I speak my thoughts.

"Ashton is so stupid, why the fuck did we come in here." Malia groans.

"C'mon." I intertwine our fingers to make sure we stay together. "I think I see the staircase over there."

The hallway seemed to be never ending in the beginnig. I felt like we were walking down it forever and I'm just now seeing an end. The old ricketing staircase comes into view and I mentally do a happy dance.

"Let's get out of here." I smile at Malia as we race down the stairs, radiating with joy. Neither of us wanted to be in this house right now and both of us severly regret going along with Ashton.

We reach the foot of the stairs and then it's a whole new maze of darkness. The first floor is just as pitch black as the second, even with the light of our phones. 

"Time to find the door then, yea?" Malia chuckles next to me.

I graon in response. I was done with this house and its creepiness. I just wanted to get out right now.

I hear soft, hushed voices ahead of us and sigh. We finally found someone. "There's someone ahead, maybe they know the way out and we all can get out of here." I start walking forward.

Malia grins. "Oh thank -"

A blood curdling scream interupts Malia and makes us stop dead in our tracks. Our breathing gets faster and I begin to shake. Malia lets out a chocked gasp. I look around frantically, flashing my phone wherever I can to try to see anything. 

Malia places her hands over her mouth. "Oh my god, Calum!"

"What do you we do?" I begin to panic as another scream echos throughout the house.

"I don't know!" Malia begins to cry. I grab her hand and run the opposite way of where the screams sounded like they were coming.

As we're running we collide into a body. "Who's there?" A voice asks.

"Calum and Malia." I answer back.

"Oh thank god, guys." The voice responds. I bring the light up and I see Luke.

"Did you hear that?" I ask, trying to focus on Luke and to comfort Malia at the same time.

Another scream. "You mean that? We need to get the fuck out of here." Luke responds.

"Do you know where the door is?" I ask quickly.

"No, but who cares. We just need to run." Luke makes a good point.

"C'mon Malia." I pull on her hand as we run through the house.

We run as a new voice joins in the screaming. It's a type of scream that makes me want throw up. I let out a silent sob as my mind swarms through the possible people those screams could come from and why they would be screaming.

I collide into another body. "Help, help! Whoever you are please help me!" She screams.

"Clara?" Luke asks.

"Luke? Help, me!" She sobs.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I don't know! I can't see, it's too dark!" She cries. "My arm hurts and they took Emma!"

"Clara, Clara, calm down. Let's get out of here." Luke takes a hold of her hand.

We continue running, Luke holding onto a sobbing Clara and me holding onto a sobbing Malia. We run until we reach a dead end.

"Check for a door!" I yell to Luke as I run my hands across the wall. The screams get louder and begin to be mixed with sobs and laughter.

My hand stops at a doorknob and I try to turn it but it's locked. "It's fucking locked!" I yell in frustration.

Luke lets go of Clara for a second and kicks the wooden door as hard as he can. He continues kicking it until I hear it creak. I join in and kick it until it falls.

"Guys let's go." We run through the door into a room of total darkness. 

We didn't know what was in the room but we find out when we begin tumbling down a flight of stairs. It was the door to the basement and now we're falling into it.

"Fuck!" Luke groans.

My head collides with a concrete floor and I blackout. The last thing I rememeber is the screams flooding my ears.

~~~~~

well den.

this took a while to write, but i'm happy with it i guess. some intense shit is starting so yea (;