fourteen

read the author's note at the end please, it's important :)

Luke's POV

We don't know where we're going but we're running. Running without a single stop through a mixture of unfamiliar and familiar hallways. There's hardly anyway we can navigate ourselves through the house considering it's still dark. 

The only sounds that can be heard throughout the house is the sound of our heavy breathing and footsteps belonging to multiple people. I have a gun secured in one of my hands, my other clasping onto Clara's hand tightly. We're at the front of our small group trying to escape, the rest following closely behind. 

I have no idea where the psychopathic men are or if they actually even looking for us at the moment. All I'm focused on is trying to find a way out of this hell hole.

My heart is beating at a mile a minute and my mouth is sand dry. I'm dripping in sweat and my legs are aching. But I continue to run because I know that when we get out, we'll be glad we worked ourselves to the brink.

"Where the hell...are we...even going?" Calum asks while running, his breathing hard.

"I don't know." I respond.

I look around the abandoned hallway before I see a window.

"Over here." I call out and run to the window.

It's filthy but I manage to wipe off some of the dirt with my shirt, allowing me to see outside. It's still dark outside but I can see a small ledge. I try to open the window but it's jammed shut.

"Guys, we need to get this open." Calum says after he attempts to open it.

"Use your shoe." I tell him, the idea sparking in my mind.

"What?" He asks, his face full of confusion.

"Break the fucking window open with your damn shoe, Calum." I tell him and he face lights up with realization.

"Oh." He responds and quickly takes off his shoe. "Stand back." He tells us and he hits the window with his shoe but it doesn't break.

"Hit it harder." I tell him. "And hurry."

Calum begins to repeatedly hit the window with his shoe but it doesn't break. He curses under his breath, puts his shoe back on and kicks the window, causing it to shatter. Alarms begin to blare throughout the house, a high pitch screeching sound filling our ears.

"Hurry, let's get out of here." I push the girls to the window where Calum has jumped out and is standing on the ledge.

I help the girls out the window and Calum grabs them each by the waist setting them on the ledge next to him. 

"Get off the ledge, jump or something and run." I tell the girls and Calum.

Calum begins to help the Grace off the ledge, grabbing a hold of her hands and hanging her down to shorten her fall to the ground. It's a far fall but not far enough to hurt us unless we land the wrong way.

I begin to crawl out of the window myself but take one last look inside the house. One of the men is running towards the window and I begin to panic.

"Hurry Calum!" I yell, almost out the window.

My shirt is grabbed and I'm pulled back into the house. I hear one of the girls let out a scream and Calum gasp.

"Just go!" I yell at them.

"You're not going anywhere." The man snickers at me, grabbing a hold of one of my arms.

"Let go." I squirm to try to get out of his grip. I lift the gun in my hand up to try to shoot him but he punches me in the face, causing me to drop it.

"You've killed three of us. Impressive, but I'm sorry to say there's still two of us left." The man tells me.

I rub my nose, the place where the man had punched me and I feel warm blood trickling down my face. He lets go of my arm and I attempt to run away but he kicks me in the back, making me fall to the floor.

"Luke!" I hear Calum yell from outside the window. I look up to see the girls are no longer on the ledge which means Calum got them all off.

"Go!" I yell to Calum  before the man picks me up by my shirt again, punching me in the eye. I groan and stumble back, clutching my face.

I try to kick the man but he grabs my foot, twisting me around. I grab his arm just as he throws me down to the floor and he falls down with me. I roll over and stand up quickly, kicking the man in the side. He grabs a hold of my leg and causes me to fall down again but as I'm falling I punch his wrist into the ground. There's a sickening crunch and he lets out a yell.

The man uses his other hand to punch me in the stomach, then the face, then my shoulder as I try to get away. I can feel my face puffing up and blood trickling everywhere. My hands get covered in the man's blood when I send a punch to his face.

I scramble away from him, standing up and wiping the blood off my face. The man stands up as well but I turn around and run to the window, jumping out and onto the ledge. Calum is on the ground below but the girls are no where to be seen. They must've ran.

"Hurry up!" Calum calls up to me and grip the edge of the ledge, letting myself hang down then I let go, falling to the ground below.

"Where'd the girls go?" I ask as we begin running.

"I told them to run and that I'd wait for you." Calum responds.

We run as fast as we can and when I look back at the house, the two men are crawling out of the window and jumping off the ledge.

~~~~~

hi guys

so this is an important author's note. 

the reason i hadn't updated in a while is because i've lost a lot of inspiration for this story. when i try to write a chapter, i can't seem to be able to think of anything. it's actually gotten so bad that i've considered putting this story on hold or maybe even deleting it completely.

now don't get me wrong, i love writing this story it's so much fun and i love how you guys enjoy my disturbing writing (idek why tho) but it's just been really difficult. 

i will not be deleting this so sorry if you had a mini heart attack when i say i was considering it. the updates may just be a little slow, like once a week. when school ends (in like two weeks) i should be able to update more often.

thanks so much to everyone who supports this story, you guys are the reason that i'm not going to delete it.

AND

now for some shameless self promoting

i just posted a new story called haunting it's gonna be a paranormal story. i haven't begun updating yet but the prologue is up.

so yea, you guys should check those out.

once again, thank you so much for supporting me and this story. i love you x