twelve

Clara's POV

When the walls begin to close in, I begin to panic, I thought this whole house was a hundred years old and made out of rotting wood. But judging from the metal door and the evil wall contraption, it seems like it's modern technology with a disguise. Now I'm sure all of us know that by now, although that doesn't take away from the initial shock.

"The walls are closing in, why are the damn walls closing in?" Michael's breathing gets heavy and I am reminded of his claustrophobia.

"Calm down, Michael." Emma tells him.

Luke looks around at the various objects around the room then back at the walls. They aren't closing fast, but it's quick enough to know that we probably have less than 5 minutes until we're crushed flat.

"Okay, get any objects you can to try and jam the walls." Luke speaks up, making a dash for the knives stabbed in the wall.

I run towards the man who was tormenting us only minutes ago. I can't bring myself to get the knife lodged in his head, but I look through his jacket for anything useful. I pull out another knife and another gun. Damn, this guy can fit lots of stuff in his jacket.

When I look back up, everyone is trying to stick various objects in the crack between the moving walls and the floor. Some manage to get in there, but are immediatly pushed out by the force of the wall.

"Clara, try opening the door again." Luke tells me, pointing towards the door.

I nod and run towards the door. I could feel my breathing getting faster and my heartbeat speeding up from anxiety. I wasn't bad compared to Michael though, I could hear his heavy breathing from the other side of the room and he was pulling at his hair. I feel really bad because he can be no help to us with his claustrophobia.

I pull on the doorknob as hard as I can but nothing budges. Metal clinks together as the door remains locked and I even try to force my body on it as an attempt to get it open.

"It won't open!" I yell to Luke who is still trying to shove knives under the walls.

Emma is doing her best to help with an injured leg that doesn't seem to be getting better. The bleeding hasn't stopped and it's beginning to cover her leg. Her face is pale and I can tell she's in an immense amount of pain.

"Ah fuck." Luke swears when he cuts his hand with the knife accidently. It's not bad, just enough to start bleeding.

"Luke, I can't get the door open!" I repeat, trying to open it again as the walls close in even more. Judging by the speed we have a little over a minute.

Luke quickly gets up from the floor and runs over to me. "The gun, give me the gun."

I slip a gun out of my pocket and hand it to him. "What are you doing, how's a gun going to help us?"

"Like this." Luke aims the gun at the doorknob and shoots. It blows off the doorknob. He shoots again by crack of the door where the lock should be and the door swings open. "Oh thank god."

"Emma, Michael, let's go!" I call to them but both of them are frozen in place. Michael from fear and Emma from pain.

Luke and I run over to them and we both help them over to the door, the walls very close now. I can't stick my arms out on either sides of me. We turn parallel to the walls and slip through the door way.

I turn around to look in the room and let out a breath as I see the walls connect, smashing everything that was in the room.

Everyone's breathing is heavy as we try to recover from the situation we were just in.