nineteen

Luke's POV

The place we come out of the forest is not the same place we entered. The house at which the party was is no where in sight. We are in our town though, I recognize the stores and houses around us. It's morning, the sun just starting to come up.

"We need to find help." Clara tells me.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I grab her hand as we're about to run into town.

"I swear to god, if you two move I'll blow your heads off." A voice behind us says and we freeze in our tracks.

We slowly turn around to be greeted by the psychopath that had been chasing us. He's even uglier in the light.

"You said there were only 8 of you pathetic kids. You lied!" He yells.

"No, we didn't." I protest.

"Stop lying!" He screams. "I just killed another boy in there who is the 9th one I've seen!" He must be talking about the crazy man who was in the cabin with the girls.

He shoots the gun and hits Clara in the foot. She screams and her body falls, her foot unable to hold her body.

"Stop!" I yell at him, praying that someone in town heard the gunshot.

"No. I can't have you two going and telling people about us!" He shoots Clara in leg.

"Stop hurting her!" I yell. "Shoot me instead!"

"No, because it seems to be killing two birds with one stop to hurt her." He smiles and something inside me snapped.

The man is only a few feet in front of us and I run towards him. As fast I could and before he could register what's happening, I'm on him and punching his face. He's yelling and groaning and I continually hit him everywhere I can. He finally starts to defend himself and he punches me in the face, causing me to stop my actions for a second. He grabs his gun and shoots me in the arm, causing me to cry out in pain and Clara to scream.

I use my other arm to grab the gun from his hand. He struggles and doesn't let go but I knee him in the stomach and he loosens his grip. I try to shoot him but it doesn't shoot, telling me it's out of bullets. So I hit him in the face with the gun as hard as I can and quickly get up.

I pick up Clara bridal style and begin to run. It's difficult with my injuries and blood is coming from everywhere on both of our bodies. And for Clara's sake, I try to make sure her skirt doesn't ride up.

I hear the man yelling from behind us but I keep running, gritting my teeth in pain. The first building I get to is a convenient store but it's not open yet. The door is locked but people are inside. I kick the door and Clara helps by trying to hit it with her hands.

"Open the door, please!" I yell.

The man inside gives me a look of horror. I probably would do if I saw two kids looking like this. We're sweaty, dirty and covered in blood.

"Please!" I beg him and he begins to unlock the door.

"Stop!" Another voice yells and I really wish that this guy would just drop dead.

He runs up to us and pulls a knife out of his pocket. I mentally curse and take a step back away from him. The man in the store stops dead in his tracks and locks the door back up.

"No!" I yell at him and he runs to the back of the store.

The madman backs me up against the door of the store, his knife pointed at my neck. My arms ache and Clara is sobbing.

"You really thought you could get away?" He spits and I cringe. "Because you can't!" He stabs me in the arm and it causes me to drop Clara. She falls to the ground with a thump and lets out a small whimper.