nine

Grace's POV

Well, shit. This is definitely not a position I ever would like to be in, but unfortunately I don't really have a choice.

I'm thankful that I decided to bring a cardigan along just in case I got cold, because now I was using it as an effort to stop the bleeding coming from my stomach. I've been laying here for hours, blood slowly seeping from my wound.

The wound isn't deep, just enough to cause immense pain and just enough bleeding. The man who had stabbed me didn't even look my direction. He was running down the hall, knife in hand. It's like he had sensed that I was there and stuck his arm out, getting me in the stomach with his knife. Then just as quickly as he was there, he was gone.

I can hear thumps and screams coming from rooms, but there's nothing I can do. I'm completely helpless where I am. I think I'm somewhere downstairs, because I can hear noises above me but I don't think my mind is working straight. I could honestly be imagining these things and I would never know.

Sobs control my body as I sit against the wall. Why did we come in here in the first place? We're such stupid kids. We should've used our common sense, all signs were pointing to not going into the house. I almost didn't come in, why did I let them pressure me into it?

Regret and fear are the only emotions I feel. I regret everything that has happened since we stepped into the woods. I don't even know how long ago that was. It felt like ages ago but it honestly could've been only an hour ago. I have no way of telling. I'm so scared I can't think straight. All I keep thinking about is death. My friends might die, I might die. I don't want anyone to die. I don't think I could cope with that.

I'm going to die soon. I know that. I can feel myself getting weaker as I lose more blood. I'm going to die alone in this house while my friends are someone else experiencing some other kind of horror. Or maybe they're lucky, and they got out. I'm hoping and praying that they're safe.

I hear voices down the hallway and my head snaps to look in the direction they're coming from. It's dark so I can't see where the voices are coming from. The voices are quiet, so I can't make out what they are saying or who they belong to. They could very well belong to someone who will finally bring me death.

Footsteps get closer and the voices get louder and I begin to panic. My breathing gets faster then the footsteps stop.

"Who's there?" A voice calls out. It's a familiar voice and my whole body relaxes.

"Calum?" I ask.

"Grace! Oh, thank god it's you!" The footsteps get faster as he runs towards me.

When he gets closer I can make out his silhouette and another next to him. "Who else is there?" I ask.

"It's me, Malia." The second person answers and I smile.

"Are you hurt?" I ask.

"No, we're good. Just a bit bruised. We lost everyone though." Calum sighs. "Are you hurt?"

"Um, yea." I mumble. "Someone stabbed me in the stomach."

"Grace! You say that like it's no big deal! Oh my god, are you okay?" Malia kneels next to me.

"No, no I'm not okay." I mutter.

"Oh god, Grace. I don't know what to do." Calum responds.

"I don't think there's much you can do." I tell them. "It's not too bad, don't worry."

"It's a stab wound, that's pretty bad." Calum shakes his head.

"No it's not." I say. It's not just for their sake but for mine as well. If I believe it's not that bad, then maybe I can get better.

"Why didn't any of us pay more attention in health class?" Malia panics. "There was a first aid unit but I don't remember shit."

"Guys, I'm fine. It's getting better." I stay calm as Calum and Malia are panicking. The thing is, I am fine. This injury had happened quiet a while ago and the bleeding was finally coming to a stop. I feel sore on my stomach and just plain exhausted but I'm okay.

"Has the bleeding stopped?" Calum asks.

I check just to make sure. My make-shift bandage made out of the cardigan was soaked in blood so I place it next to me. Dried blood surrounds the wound and it still looks nasty but there is no fresh blood,

"Yea." I answer Calum.

After that it's silent for a bit. It's not like we have anything to talk about. I'm injured and we're all scared as hell, that's that. We probably won't make it out of this murder house alive and none of us want to face that fact.

The house is silent, it's the first time it has been scream free since hours ago. It gives me a bitter sweet feeling inside. There isn't anymore immense pain happening, but I don't know what the ending of that pain was. It could've been mercy but it also could'v been death. All our friends could be dead right now and] we have no way of knowing.

"Have you seen the others recently?" I break the silence.

"Not after we got separated from Luke and Clara, no. They just disappeared. You?" Malia answers me quietly.

"Ashton and I were walking and they took him away. That was the last time I saw someone, it was about an hour after we had entered this hell hole." I respond sadly.

Why did Ashton have to be so adamant about being right? If he just let us all be and decide whether we wanted to believe his story or not, we'd still be at the party. Or we'd be home. We wouldn't be here. Ashton could be so stupid sometimes, and look where it landed us now.

"I have a feeling something bad happened to him." I mumble. "I can't think about it though, I don't think I could handle my own imagination."

"I'm sure he's fine, Grace. We are, aren't we?" Malia tries to reassure me.

"I just wish I'd told him I loved him once last time before he left." I can feel tears prickling my eyes. I was ranting on and on about how stupid he was when he was taken. I'd do anything to go back to that moment and kiss him with everything I have left.

"We're not going to be fine for long and don't you dare try to deny it." My pessimistic side comes out and I scoff at them.

"But we're fine at the moment. You said so yourself that your wound isn't that bad." Calum tells me.

"That's beside the point, the point is that there are fucking psychos in this house that will kill us. We are going to die." I spit.

I've been able to keep my cool for the most part up until now. Sure, I was scared and I did my fair share of crying, but now I was just thinking of the worst possible things that could happen. I told myself to believe we'd get out alive but now that was seeming like a hopeless dream. I can't think of any way we could possibly get out of this alive and I don't see the use in denying it.

~~~~~

yo. hi. hello. hey. hola. konichiwa.

i bet you all thought grace disappeared didn't you? well boom here she is. she got stabbed lol (i'm such a mean person)