Chapter - 20

Arshita

Smiling, I followed him as he pulled me inside the quite dark house. My eyes adjusted itself and after few seconds I saw the objects dimly around me as he left my hand and looked around himself.

" Give me a minute! " He said and off he went on the left of the house.

" Sir! " I called out for him.

" Stop calling me that. Armaan would do. Trail your tongue to hear the beautiful melody out of it.... " He shouted louder as he moved away from me.

" Okay, Armaan. " I said looking around and then sitting on the object I thought to be sofa, well it was, I looked at my watch to find it was 0900.

What am I doing?

I stood up instantly and that's when the whole room lightened up to give the sight of the usual rich and luxury things around me as it was Oberoi's farmhouse, so no matter if they didn't live here it was supposed to be classic and luxurious.

" Lights up! " I heard a cheery voice behind me.

" Common, let's show you my room. " He said next taking the steep stairs on the other side of the hall.

I followed him noticing his feet that were literally dancing. Wouldn't one get so curious watching it?

He walked the hallway, then entered a room which was more like a spare path then turned left leading to the bedroom where he stopped and put his hand on his waist.

" Is this your bedroom? " I asked him, surprised watching so many painting all over the room and the small bed at the middle.

" Yeah kind of. Well it is two doors away from the hallway but I stay here, got my things shifted here so technically it's my room. Messed up right? " He said walking to the other side of the room and opening the curtain to the large window.

" Come here feel the rushing wind! " He chanted waving his hand. I stepped towards him staring all the paintings of horses, houses and nature but few were covered and that intrigued me most.

Standing just next to him, I watched the happiness in his face. Really, the chilled wind blew through our faces making us both exclaim in enthusiasm.

" You made all  those painting, right? " I said. He chuckled and walked back inside.

" Yeah. I am a amateur painter. Would you like to see others? " He asked me standing beside the closed ones.

" I would love to. " I said stepping towards one of the closed ones.

" Okay. " He said and came up to me and lifted the white sheet from it after giving me a look.

A smiling woman's face came onto my view with her hand over her mouth. Her eyes sparkled. I wondered who that could be.

" She is my wife. " He said quietly making me to scrutinise the picture more. No doubt, she was more beautiful than me.

Wait!

Is my wife.

Isn't she dead?