17; you have to be fucking kidding me

"Do you think they'll start looking for us?" My hand tightened around the wheel, Axel and I exchanged numbers and he gave me the car. I had offered if he'd liked to go with but he refused, and I quote 'he's got people waiting for him' so we just left.

"Yeah, they'll start looking for you." I reassured him, he often thought his folks didn't give a damn about him, but he looked at me weirdly. I pulled into a sonic restaurant and decided that the drive in would be best, I didn't want any social contact with anyone right now.

"What makes you think they won't look for you as well?" He asked me, His arm was propped against the window, and he was holding his head up, looking my way, with his foot on the seat.

"Well, I'm not anybody special y'know. You got actual people who need you, Pony." Then the realization dawned on me, I just took a seventeen year old kid with me and made him leave the only thing he's got left. My eyes widened and I almost wanted to slam on the brakes, even though we were about to order.

"What do you mean? The gang needs me just as much as they need y-"

"What do you want to eat?" I cut him off and he sighed loudly, he looked defeated and I felt bad. I didn't want this to turn into a intervention of some sort. But Pony wasn't gonna turn down the opportunity to get something in his stomach.

We ordered quickly, and we both ignored the fact that I was on the verge of a break down, my voice was hoarse and shaky but I tried my best to regain my sanity back. I parked right out in the back where no cars had seemed to be, and we ate. Nothing was said for five minutes and the silence was eating me alive, sometimes the quiet is violent, to me at least. I glanced over at Ponyboy and he was absentmindedly just eating his fries, looking out into the sky above him.

"I've got a real bad feeling all of a sudden, Johnny." Ponyboy broke the silence, and I was oh so grateful.

"You don't say," I muttered and took a bit of my sandwich. He looked to me and his eyes widened, he didn't say anything back to me so we finished up. We threw out bag out of the car and I started the engine, I sat back in the leather seats and started to drive out.

"Oh Johnny, I'm sorry. But I really gotta use the men's room, I'll be right back." I nodded,

"I'll be here, don't take too long." I said and he leaned over and captured my lips in his, I kissed back and put my hand on his face, he pulled away and smiled, giving me another peck on the cheek. I was blushing so damn hard, it honestly started to hurt my face.

"I won't," He said and opened the door. He ran inside and all I was staring at was his-

"Hey, could you move your car, people are trying to get outta here." My breath caught in my throat and I swear if that didn't happen, I would have screamed. I fumbled with the keys and put it in,

"Y-yeah, sor-sorry." I stuttered and they went back to their car. I hadn't even realized that there were other people in this joint, and I'm usually so observant. See what this kid's doing to me? I pulled to the side to let the other cars through. Pony came out a little less than five minutes after, I smiled softly when I saw him and he gave me a wide grin back.

"You, ready?" I asked and he nodded, jumping back into the car swiftly. I watched him as he did so, he was so damn beautiful, even doing the littlest of things.

"T-thanks, Johnny." Ponyboy blushed,

"Ah fuck, I said that out loud didn't I?" I blushed as well, and he nodded and I put my hand on his thigh as we pulled off.

The drive was nice and breezy, it wasn't until I accidentally hit a button that I realized the hood could go down, I smiled wide then and put it all the way back, the wind whipping through our hair. It wasn't until we saw a cop drive up behind us, and turn his lights on, that we started to panic.

"You're going the speed limit, what could he want?" Ponyboy asked me and I shrugged.

"Guess we'll find out," I told him, and I slowed to a stop, pulling over. I turned off the car and sat until I watched the officer from the rearview mirror, but he didn't come up to us, he stepped out of the car with his gun in the air and I looked to Ponyboy with wide eyes and he looked the same. What the hell did we do?

"Step out of the car, with both of your hands on your head!" He yelled, we did exactly that. We stepped out and put our hands above our heads. I was breathing heavy, and I thought I was gonna faint or something.

"I think you got the wrong guys, officer!" Ponyboy yelled, the policeman then ran over to us and looked at us closely, his gun still raised, when he finally looked at us though, he sighed and put his gun down, and rubbing his head.

"You're those boys," He finally said

"What?" I asked,

"The runaways, you're all over the papers, people are looking for the both of you, y'know." I furrowed my brows.

"Well, sir, We are both are the legal age so theres no reason for to call us 'runaways'." I sneered and he sighed. We got up then, since we were on our knees with out hands behind our backs.

"You guys look like absolute shit, when was the last time you showered... ?" He ruffled Pony's hair and sighed again. Now that I really think about it, we've been gone a long while, haven't we? But hell, Darry actually asked for us to be in the paper? I was so dumbfounded.

"So, what now?" Pony asked,

"Well, since there is a 50$ reward to find the two of you, I'm taking you home."

"Um, no the hell you aren't," I said and backed away, grabbing Ponyboy's hand.

"Look, theres no negotiations behind this so I suggest, either you get in the car or I cuff you and make you go in with force, and I don't wanna do that,"

"What about our car?" I shakily asked, I wanted to end it all in this moment. I sighed loudly, I seriously wanted to cry right now.

"It'll be towed back to you original house, now please, Get your belongings and lets go."

Fucking great.