29; And Then, There Were Two

In a good mood so Im gonna write, and I made this so fast like ?

When I started stirring from my endless dream, I smelt a series of smells, but all of them made my stomach turn slightly. I heard commotion downstairs and I secretly wished they'd shut up. It was like I was waking up from a hangover, like my brain was throbbing and my stomach was caving in. My eyes burned as the light hit them, I blinked rapidly, trying to get used to the feeling but it hurt too much. I threw my arm in the view of the sun, shielding my eyes from it. I sighed as I sat up, but my stomach gave a uncomfortable lurch in response that made me hunch over a bit.

I heard Ponyboy stir next to me, assured that he overheard the noise downstairs resulting in him getting flustered in his sleep, it was either that or my constant groans. I stood up and walked over to the curtains, and pulled them shut angrily, annoyed that out of anything I woke up to Jesus' light shining down on me like I needed him there, well I fucking didn't, thank you very much.

"What are you mumblin' about over there?" I heard Ponyboy yawn and groan at the same time, making him sound almost like an animal. I laughed in response and went to the bathroom. I was slightly paranoid having someone see me, I feel like I couldn't exactly face them after last night because I'm probably 100% sure that they over heard what I had told Ponyboy, since in fact, I was screaming in general.

I went to the bathroom and did my business, washing my hands afterwards. As I was washing my hands I looked up at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. I had the same old dead sick look in my eyes and my face sunken in, the only thing different, was that I had become slightly skinnier in form, and shrunk as little as well and I was shaking violently, I couldn't keep still.

I was fidgeting so much, and I was cold, and tired. I just wanted to go back asleep. So I just went back into Ponyboy's room, to find him still in the exact same position but now fast asleep. I lied back down onto the bed and pulled the covers back over me and surprisingly very fast, fell right back asleep.

When I woke up for the second time today, I would have rather just died. Right there, right then, on that damn bed because Jesus H. Christ, I felt like I was in antarctica itself It was so cold, I tried sitting up and pulling the covers more onto my body but when I moved any part of my body, it felt as if I was being stabbed multiple times, not only in my stomach but in every single limb of my body felt like it had been ripped, if I were to go into more detail about it, I think I'd pass out.

I looked to Ponyboy and tried to see where he was, because this bed was empty and I felt incredibly lonely. I rolled over to my side, much to my disappointment, it hurt like hell. I looked over at Ponyboy and he was sitting by the door, sweating buckets, and shaking so bad. His eyes were wild like, and his hair was a mess. His skin, was overly pale, sick like, and he looked as if he had been crying. He was chewing violently at his nails, gnawing on them like it were his last hope.

"They locked us in here, Johnny, They locked us in here. They locked us in here, they locked us in here." My stomach gave a violent lurch and I almost screamed.

"What?" I managed to wheeze out a response,

"I-I woke u-up and wen-went downs-stairs to g-get w-water and they, they told me i-instead of us g-going to a h-hospital, we have to get the h-help f-from home. I don't k-know what they me-mean but I-I can't stay in here anymore, Joh- Johnny. I can't, I'll go c-crazy." He let out a shaky breath as he got to his feet, He walked over to his dresser and pulled it open, having trouble because his hands wouldn't stay still. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and some matches.

I sat up a little and breathed ragged breaths, breathing in and out slowly like I was some woman in labor. He sat on the bed, next to me and lit the weed, breathing in a deep drag and passing it over to me. I did the same as I looked my way over at him once more. He had one hand on his head, holding it and letting out small ragged breaths like me, the other hand occupied at his leg, I looked over and saw multiple scabs, he was in a thick black sweatshirt but had his boxers on.

"Whoa, what the hell are these?" I asked him, passing the cigarette over to him. He took it from my fingers ad sighed,

"I don't know why I did that, I just needed to fidget and at the time, this didn't hurt. I wasn't trying to do anything, trust me, it was just a distraction." He breathed in the cancer stick and let it out as he talked.

"Wait, how long have you been awake?" I asked him, and he snorted and winced, and put a hand over his chest.

"The real question is, how long have you been asleep." He said and passed me the stick again. I inhaled, letting the buzz calm my nerves but it made my stomach twist in agony.

"Oh shit I'm sorry, smoking on an empty stomach isn't exactly good thing." He grabbed it and inhaled one last time before taking the cigarette and crushing the ashed on his leg, not even wincing. I stared at him like he was insane and he just got out another cancer stick.

"You're chain smoking, Pony. How long have I been asleep?"

"Almost half a week, so maybe three and a half days. I actually started to panic and got Darry to check on you, he said you were just exhausted and needed your sleep. . . " I immediately recoiled, all of that happened while I was asleep? Jesus. . .

"So what's going on, what are we doing now?" My question got caught off by a knock at the door, Ponyboy's eyes lit up in excitement at the noise, but he didn't smile, he looked at the door in pure hate. Jeez how long did they make him stay in here?

"Come in?" Pony croaked out, and afterwards cleared his throat. The door creaked open and suddenly it made my head throb.

"Hey, guys." Soda smiled softly, trying to approach us gently. Darry's eyes were soft as well but he stood straight, his arms crossed, just the looks of concern on the both of their faces.

"We need to get out of here," Ponyboy was straight forward and immediately went to the point. Soda sighed and Darry looked down.

"Well, I'm sorry you guys but you need to do this, for us, for everyone, and especially for yourselves."

"What are we doing exactly?" I finally spoke up, and they looked at me in surprise.

"It's nice to see you functioning, Johnny. How are you?"

"Answer the question." I retorted from their question, avoiding it completely, I didn't want to scare them if I told them how I really felt.

"Well, me and Darry have been doing a lot of research with the help of personal doctors and the library. We're doing a-- well, it's hard to explain, we're trying to help you two with your drug problem, since you agreed late last night correct?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, continue." I sighed,

"We're gonna keep you two in here, for 45 days. We'll bring you food and all that, its just-- I would rather you two stay here instead of out there, and getting more. . ."

"So you're telling me, that we have to stay in here for almost 45 days and you expect us to sit in here, and deal with the constant ache of withdrawal?" Ponyboy was fucking furious, I saw it, anyone could, it was basically radiating off of him.

"Yes, and for now, you two will be staying in here, if we have trouble from either one of you, you two will be separated and stay in a different room alone. Do you understand me?" Darry spoke up now, and I scoffed lightly.

"Hell no, I'm not staying in here." I said,
"Johnny. . . it's the only way you can get better, please. . ." I couldn't hear the rest because now there was a piercing ringing in my ears that had started. I still saw Sodapop and Darry in the doorway, and they were speaking, but the ringing in my ears made it so I couldn't hear them.

Oh fuck.