Chapter - 5

And......that is how I imagine Rehan to look!

          Dedicated to Oceansheart25❤❤

Edited

Zeyad was in his room the next morning when his phone started ringing.

He'd just got up and freshened up to start working through his laptop. He had a business to run and couldn't wait to get back to Canada to start working in the comfort of his office.

After spending two hours straight working and making important calls and arrangements for the upcoming meetings with his secretary, Andrew he decided to go and check up on his son, who was with his grandparents.

Last night, Zahaan was restless and even though Zeyad did everything he could to calm him down, he wouldn't stop crying. So, he called his mother from the room next to their's and she came running to check upon them. Fatima explained to Zeyad that it was normal for infants to cry and that there was no need to worry too much when she saw the concerned look on her son's face. She then offered to take Zahaan with her.

Walking out of his room in his casual outfit that consisted of faded jeans and a black T-shirt, he knocked on his parents' door before entering. It was past 11 in the morning so, he knew they were up.

"Salams Ammi, Abbu" he greeted them as soon as he entered to find them sitting at the small breakfast table in their suite.

"Salams, son" they both replied in unison.

He made his way towards the table and sat down next to his mother as she held a sleeping Zahaan in her arms. 

"How is he feeling?"

"He is quite better now, alhamdulillah. I was just feeding him and he slept. It's good though because he hardly slept last night" Fatima informed Zeyad, who felt bad for keeping her up all night; looking after his son while he slept.

"I'm sorry, Ammi. You should've called me up. I would have taken him with me, you didn't have to stay up all night" he apologized to her.

"Nonsense" she scoffed and shrugged off his apology. "I have done this before. Who do you think stayed up all night when you were sick as a child? Besides, he's my own flesh and blood. Of course, I will look after him. He's my grandson after all". She smiled at her son through tired eyes.

"You should get some rest after breakfast, Fatima. Zahaan is asleep and I can look after him until Zeyad gets back. Right son?" Junaid spoke up looking from his newspaper and his son nodded.

"So, what exactly did Mr.Waseem say?"

"He called up to arrange for another meeting. Surprisingly, Mariam agreed for the marriage and wants to meet with me to ask some questions." He informed his father.

"That's. . . . good, I suppose" Junaid commented a little confused.

"Yes. Yes, it is. It's better that she talked to me and cleared all her doubts and questions. After all, she's the one who will be marrying me and leaving her family for me. Not forgetting the fact that I already have a son".

Zeyad was surprised that Mariam had actually agreed to marry him. He was. . . . happy? Maybe. She was a decent woman from what he's heard and seen.

***

After breakfast  Zeyad brought Zahaan back to his room to spend some time with his son. Although he was too young to play with or understand a word he said, Zeyad would talk to him and tell him about his work.