Chapter - 9

Rehan was pacing his office, feeling restless and uneasy. The thought of Mariam with another man made his blood boil.

He couldn't understand this sudden rage that was flowing through his veins, for Rehan had never felt this way. Ever.

He had told Mariam that he was fine. Well, not exactly fine, but that he supported her decision. Then, why?

Why was he feeling this way? What suddenly changed that made him feel the need to go and stop this. To stop this nonsense and tell her that this is all a mistake, a joke and that they were meant to be together. Not with other people. Especially not some stranger from another country who was old and already had a child. He wanted to tell her that she deserved better. She deserved, Rehan.

Rehan was snapped out of his unsettling thoughts as they even made Rehan, himself uncomfortable, by a knock on his office door.  The same door that Mariam had walked out of a mere few hours ago.

Sighing heavily, he called for the person to enter, and his secretary, Anita peaked her head inside. Anita was a young woman in her mid 20s.  She had recently gotten married and had come back from her marital leave.

"Sir, the clients from Bangalore will be here at 12 in the afternoon for the meeting tomorrow. And you have a meeting with your father and Mr. Waseem in ten." She informed in her professional tone.

"Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Thank you, Anita. I'll be there."

"Alright Sir. Do you need me for anything more?" she asked politely before leaving his office.

"No, that will be all. Thanks, Anita"

"Have a good night, Mr. Khan" his secretary smiled

"You too. Oh, and Anita?"

"Yes, Mr. Khan?"

"I want you with me at the meeting tomorrow. God knows how boring they are. A familiar face would be a welcoming sight" Rehan said winking at the young woman making her blush.

"Of course, Sir. Will that be all?" Anita asked raising her eyebrows expectantly.

"That will be all, thank you." With that said the Secretary left and Rehan once again found himself alone with his thoughts.

                                                                         ****

It was now past eight in the evening and Zeyad was taking Mariam back home. After he finally brought Zahaan out, Mariam had spent at least an hour playing with the little bundle of joy who was absolutely adorable.

After Mariam had given Zahaan back to his nanny, very reluctantly at that, Zeyad had insisted that she have dinner with him. And though Mariam felt like she shouldn't, seeing as that he was not yet her husband or fiance for that matter, she agreed because she wanted to know more about Zahaan now that she had finally seen him with her own eyes.

Zeyad being the perfect gentleman that he was, had called Mariam's parents to ask for their permission to take her out for dinner, to which Mr. And Mrs. Waseem were very accepting of much to both, Mariam and Zeyad's surprise.

They didn't have to go anywhere else as Zeyad suggested they have dinner in the restaurant of the hotel he was staying at, saying that the food there was amazing and that Mariam had to try it.

Mariam agreed to it politely although, she felt underdressed for the fancy restaurant.

As promised, the dinner indeed was amazing and Mariam had thoroughly enjoyed herself.