Chapter - 20

Warning: contains slightly sexual content. ;)

Also, please ignore the errors. They will be edited once the story is complete.

Zeyad was having a bad day. Everything was going to shit so far and the only highlight of this day had been the call that he got from Mariam.

His Precious Mariam.

Ever since she had walked in his life, Zeyad couldn't stop thinking about her. There wasn't a day when he didn't think about her.

He'd often find himself sitting there in his chair behind his huge desk, staring off into space and smiling like an idiot. She made him smile. She made him happy.

Everything about her was just so perfec; the way she smiled, the way she talked, laughed, slept. Heck, even when she was crying or upset, to him she looked beautiful. He loved everything about her.

He. . . loved her.

No, of course not. He didn't love her. He couldn't love her. She wasn't Sara. No. He just really cared about her, that's all. Zeyad had only ever loved Sara and now after her death, it's only Zahaan.

Sure, Mariam was beautiful and perfect, but she wasn't Sara.

He didn't love her, or did he?

"Andrew! Get the hell in here!" Zeyad yelled at the intercom and a few seconds later a slightly terrified Andrew walked in.

"Yes, Mr. Ali?" He stuttered out, holding his breath. Zeyad Ali was a great boss. He was always calm and composed, and was very concerned with his employees' well being.

And as much as an angel he was on good days, he was even worse than the devil himself on his bad ones.

"Andrew, where the hell are the files from L&T Ltd.? I told you to keep them on my desk."

"I - I kept them right here. . ."
Andrew began as he looked around on Zeyad's desk that was cluttered with papers, pens, files amd empty coffee mugs.

"Stop," Zeyad said as he saw the younger man frantically searching for the files in the mess.

"It's here. It should be here. . . I kept it right here an-"

"I said stop!" Came the angry voice of his boss.

"Just stop, and get me some coffee. I'll look for the files myself."

Andrew gave a smal nod and left the office, looking for the tenth cup of coffee today.

Zeyad was tired and irritated. Nothing was going  well today and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep.
But of course, he couldn't. He had to run a company.

***

Hours later Zeyad was finally done for the day. He sent away the last email for the day and shut his computer, before packing his bag. He walked out of his office, only to find Andrew still working in his.

"Andrew? You're still here?" He asked checking his watch for time. It was more late usual even for himself.

"Yes, I thought you might need me. Are you done, sir?"

"Yes, I am. You're done too. Come on, let's go. I'll walk you out," Zeyad ordered.

"Of course, sir. I'll be a minute"

Zeyad left Andrew to pack his things as he waited for the elevator.
Together the two rode to the parking lot, where they parted ways, but not before Zeyad apologized for his harshness earlier that morning.