Chapter - 13

I have slightly edited the prologue and chapters 8 and 9. I suggest you guys check it out,but it's nothing major just slight improvement. And I will be editing the previous chapters,but do not worry,I will let you know if there are any major changes.

I wanted to add this as simply an author's note but that would be very annoying. As an avid reader myslef, I know how frustrating that is.

Another important thing is that this book is not a full length novel,it's going to be like, a really long short story. . . Maybe. So the chapters will not be any longer than 1700-2000 words as it's in the third person's POV. But,I assure you that it is going to be interesting and nothing will be missed or skipped,just short and simple.

This brings me to another important thing, that is I am thinking of doing a short story for Rehan. Because come on that fine piece of work deserves a happy ending. So my question is should I or should I not and just give him one happy ending in this book itself?

Let me know and enjoy!😀

The drive back to the hotel was mostly spent in a content silence between the two newly weds.

Mariam was nervous,anxious and even a little,just a teeny tiny bit scared. She was going to spend her first night with her husband. It was a normal thing as per the adults and the already married.

But,for Mariam it was like a whole new experience,obviously. Of course she knew what was about to happen.

She wasn't that naive,she had had her curious moments in life and of course,she had studied the chapter on 'reproduction' in 10th standard in her ridiculously expensive school.

Natasha might also have had some hand in her knowledge. They were in 12th standard when, Natasha had told Mariam about some erotic romance novel,by the name of 'fifty shades of grey'.

Mariam being her sweet,innocent slef had no idea what it was about. Of course she had heard the name quite often,but did not know what it actually was about. When she asked Natash why she had it,her best friend had said something along the lines of,"just trying to broaden my horizons".

Mariam had just laughed it off until after she read the book. After that? Well let's just say that it wasn't pretty what happened after. Mariam was so mad at Natash for giving her the book that she had refused to speak to her. And she in fact,didn't speak with her for a whole day.

Mariam smiled at the memory,feeling a little silly.

"You're smiling" Zeyad's sudden,melodious voice spoke. Always the observant.

Mariam just smiled more,at which Zeyad said,"What has you smiling so much?"

"I-" Mariam began but stopped when she realized how embarrassing what she was thinking was and blushed.
This caught even more of Zeyad's attention,an amused smile playing on his lips.

He wanted to say something,but resisted the urge at the innocent look on his bride's beautiful face.

"How long till we reach the hotel?" Mariam asked as she wanted to use the washroom.

"Eager to get there, are we?" Zeyad teased,his double meaning as clear as the day,but of course Mariam was comletely obvious to it.

"Yes, I really need to use the washroom."

Zeyad couldn't help but laugh,he had never met someone so plain and simple. Mariam blushed,thinking she said something silly.
"Did I-did I say something. . .wrong?"