Chapter - 14

Enjoy! ;)

"Wait!"

Mariam yelled as something crossed her mind. Something very important that she needed to tell Zeyad. Something,she should have told Zeyad way before all of this, but failed.

Something that she would never forget. It was spread in her mind like a plague. No matter how much she had tried to leave it in the past,it always came back. Sometimes at night,when all was calm and quiet,when she was the most vulnerable. Like a nightmare. Only, it wasn't a nightmare.

It was her bitter reality that had stained her mind,body and soul forever. But Mariam wasn't about to tell him that. No, she wasn't ready yet, although, it was too late now, she still couldn't bring herself to do it.

So, she told him the next most important thing that came to her mind.

"We should use protection."

"Huh?" Was all Zeyad could manage.

"I-I meant,that we,um should wait. Because. . .Because Zahaan is too young and I - he needs me. So, we should wait until he is old enough to have another child." Mariam explained feeling shy.

Zeyad stared at her for a moment from where he was hovering over her. Mariam looked so beautiful,that he had a hard time processing what she had just said.

When realization dawned on him he said, "You're right. Of course, I should have thought about it."

"In fact,I was thinking of asking you if it was okay to get you one of those birth control shots. I am very touched by your thoughtfulness." Zeyad told Mariam.

Mariam just managed a small smile instead of saying anything else and took a bold step to kiss her husband. She was as eager as him for the sex. She knew it was an important part in marriage.

Zeyad was surprised at first,but also very pleased that his wife wasn't uncomfortable or uninterested.

He once again lowered themselves on the bed and stared at Mariam with adoration as he made love to his wife.

                                ***

The next morning, Mariam was the first one to wake up thankfully.

It took her a few minutes to realise where she was. She smiled when she felt someone spooning her. Zeyad,she thought lovingly.

Last night was the best night of her life. She had heard stories of how the first night with your spouse was amazing, beautiful and just perfect.

And it was perfect.

Mariam rolled to the side,which in turn made Zeyad roll over as well. He moved a little and then went back to his slumber.

Mariam just couldn't wipe the smile off of her face.

She sat up on the bed feeling the slight discomfort in between her legs. "Ah"
She moaned.

The discomfort changed into pain,making Mariam wince a little.
"Oh, my.That hurts."

There was a sound of sheets shuffling and then, "What hurts?"

Mariam tied the strings of her silk robe,before turning to look at her husband ."Nothing." She answered blushing.

Zeyad looked very handsome, with bed hair and sleepy eyes, and Mariam couldn't help but stare.

"Like what you see?" Zeyad teased as he picked up his glasses from the nightstand, placing them over his nose.