Chapter - 10

"Kya aapko yeh nikah kubool h?"

The Kaazi asked Mariam. Mariam's God mother repeated the same question in her ear,slowly to which Mariam nodded and whispered back

"Kubool hai".

The same question was asked two more times and Mariam gave the same answer each time.

The Kaazi then said a prayer for the married couple and everyone congratulated the bride,her parents and her Godparents.

Mariam was now officially Mrs. Zeyad Ali.

Zeyad had already signed the Nikah naama; the marriage certificate and now Mariam had too. Mariam's Paternal uncle and aunt, Salman and Sofia Waseem were her Godparents.
Mariam had always seen them as her own parents and they too, had always treated her as their daughter seeing as they had two sons.

It was 15th of  September and all the males had just come back from the Mosque where Zeyad had accepted the Nikaah, all the females were at Mariam's house.

There was going to be a big dinner for all the extended families of both Mariam and Zeyad.

Everyone looked happy,Shehnaz and Natasha along with the rest of Mariam's sisters and sisters-in-law,all were very excited for tomorrow. Tomorrow on the 16th of September was their reception.

"So,Mariam, are you excited? You are now married. How does it feel?" Natasha teased,wiggling her eyebrows making Mariam blush and all the others laugh.

Mariam was the only one in the family left yet to be Married as she was the youngest amongst all the cousins and now that was changed. Being the youngest in the family,she was everyone's favourite.

"Are you excited for tonight? I've heard it is painful the first time" said Nayla, Mariam's sister-in-law. Mariam looked appalled and her mouth was hanging open as she sat in the middle of her bed surrounded by the other women.

"Nayla!" Shehnaz exclaimed.
"What? It is true" Nayla defended.

"Still! We do not want to know about your sex life with our btother" Shehnaz retorted and they all laughed as Nayla looked offended.

"Stop teasing my little sister and my wife, you girls" said a deep voice from the door. It was Saad, Sofia's eldest son and Nayla's husband. He was tall and nicley built with jet balck hair and soft,brown eyes.

"Now,I am not one for discussing  my sex life with anyone,especially not my sisters. So, if you all could just leave our sex life at bay,I would appreciate it" Saad said looking first at his sisters and then at his wife.

"Oh my God,you people!" Mariam exclaimed and turned a brighter shade of red. This is so embarrassing she thought.

"You all really need to stop talking about sex and sex life of anyone" Natasha said,"there are single people in here".

"You mean single person, which so happens to be yourself".

"Yeah,yeah whatever,Mrs. Mariam Zeyad Ali. And for your kind information,you came in the same category just a few hours ago."'

Mariam was about say something when Tanzeem entered the room,smiling at everyone.
"Come on,children,dinner is ready and everyone is here."

"Oh,thank goodness. I am starving. The nikaah took too long if you ask me." Natasha mumbled.

"You are always starving,Natasha."

"You are right aunty." Natasha said blushing.

Everyone inside of Mariam's room slowly started departing. Mariam waited till everyone was out and so did Tanzeem.