8. A Father's Pain

Tristan walked down the stairs to the Lobby as he was lead towards the exit. He was contemplating what to do about what had just happened. His father was up there confronting his grandpa as O'Neil and Rosario guards had possessed the building taking prisoners. He had no idea what to expect from his father. All he knew was his father hadn't passed a verdict of death for the Giovanni men found to be on his grandfather's side when he had been meeting up with Pauli Rosario. That was a major sin in his father's eyes. Setting his son up to meet a man his father had no respect for was a big crime. What was he to do? Could he make it all worse if he attempted to go up there? He wondered if anything could get any worse than it already was. As he exited the building he watched men talking on the radio communicating. He then watched as in the middle of the mayhem his mother showed up with his uncle Sergio. They had brought body guards but were not there to fight.

Tristan was shocked to see his mother get off the car and run to him. She embraced him in a tight hug " Thank the lord you are safe." He had never heard his mother sound so concerned. She was genuinely worried about him.

Tristan whispered " Why wouldn't I be safe mother?"

His uncle Sergio interrupted " Sancia. There is no time for this. Follow me."

Sancia pulled away displeased with her brother ordering her around. She shouted to Sergio who was walking towards the entrance " My son matters more than anything Sergio. I am not coming up there unless you acknowledge that."

Sergio sighed and stopped in his tracked. He turned around. He walked back to his sister and whispered so the guards couldn't hear what he said " Your husband will order all his Irish people to wipe us all out. You may wake up tomorrow and there would be no Giovannis left. Are you prepared for that? Your son is obviously fine. I can't strike a deal without you. I acknowledge that. Are you happy?"

Sancia rolled her eyes " Not really. Father dug his own grave. He will be under house arrest until it all blows over."

Sergio whispered back " That's if you get up there on time. Sancia. Hurry up."

Sancia looked up to Sergio " Like I said. He dug his own grave. Even I can't change my husband's mind if he wishes  for death of our family." But she didn't protest and argue further as she side stepped Sergio who followed her to the entrance.

Tristan was confused by his mother's actions. She hid her feelings well. He knew his mother loved her family. Yet she didn't show weakness in front of anyone. Not even her own brother. She must have been worried about his grandpa Giovanni but she had learnt to keep it all. He knew that only his father could see the side of his mother that no one else was allowed to see. Her soft side.

Tristan decided he wanted to risk going up there. He wasn't happy with the idea of so much trouble being created because of him. It was about him. If he hadn't met Paulo Rosario, none of this would have happened. He wondered how badly his parents' marriage was going to be affected by this issue.

As Tristan was plotting to run inside, he saw guards poring out. His father was first to come out. His stone cold eyes warned people to part ways for him. Tristan even didn't dare move or say anything as he was greeted with his father's business like stone faced he never wanted to mess with. No one wanted to mess with his father at that point indeed.

Tristan found himself face to face with his father who looked into his eyes and demanded "Did he raise his hand on you son?"

Tristan jumped at his tone but knew what he meant. He also knew not to keep his father waiting " No he didn't."

Emanuelle nodded " You will be riding with me tonight." Without any other word he opened the car door and gestured to Tristan " Get in."

Tristan shook his head "What about mother?"