16. Exchanging Views

Vienna was laying on her stomach on her bed drawing while glancing at Tristan who was looking around the room. They had a lovely breakfast in her room that he had brought in with a picnic basket. Then they were just hanging out. Vienna really liked the interesting design of the hotel room she was residing in so she had decided to draw the room but of course she was drawing Tristan in the view too.

Vienna looked at Tristan as she was drawing "Tristan. Why don't you take a seat? I am ready to draw you in this scene."

Tristan turned to her and smiled as he walked to her. He grabbed a chair and sat right in front of her bed blocking her view "Is this close enough for you?"

Vienna gave him an annoyed look "Tristan... What are you doing?"

Tristan said "Should I come closer then?"

Vienna sighed "You are blocking me..."

He brought his chair closer "You are an artist. Nothing can come in your way."

Vienna nodded "Point taken. Go abit further away."

Tristan said "Draw me from here but with a far view..."

Vienna asked "Tristan why are you being difficult? I can be too. I am going into protesting mode..."

Tristan smiled " I am insisting then. You are no quitter Vienna."

Vienna replied " Sit still at least. You used to be better at posing. Now you can't stop moving and make drawing difficult."

Tristan stated " You are not the same artist you used to be either... You are much better. So you need a challenge..."

Vienna looked up " You don't believe that... You really don't mean that. If you wanted me to be challenged you wouldn't have been so protective. You don't even like it that I ever considered going abroad. Actions speak louder than words Tristan. If you believe I need a challenge then you will let me challenge myself..."

Tristan replied " Or I will give you a challenge."

Vienna sighed " Come on Tristan. You still are very protective. Let me fight my own battles. You can't save me from the world...."

Tristan said " Vienna. You are my girl. I will protect you but I will try to never come between you and what you want to achieve unless you are at risk. I am here to help you. We are a team."

Vienna argued " But even your own sister is allowed to do things that you won't let me. You don't try to stop her when she takes risks."

Tristan replied " Vienna. I don't deny my sister lives differently than you. But you don't have to be like her. You look around you and you feel you should be like others. You are perfect the way you are. What my sister does makes her happy. But you don't have to do what she does to make other people happy. You need to do what makes you happy."

Vienna sighed as she looked down at drawing " I am happy now... But..."

Tristan asked "But what? There is so much pressure on you to be like your brothers? Is that it Vienna? Your brothers have their own path and you have your own. What your brothers do makes them happy. You need to stop comparing yourself to others and gain some self confidence. Don't ever do anything to please other people."

Vienna glanced at Tristan " Are you telling me you never did anything to make your family happy?"

Tristan said " Keeping myself alive and protecting the people I love makes my family content. I need to survive to make my family happy. But I am a first born heir in a family of underground crime lords. You don't have the same responsibilities as me. You have different ones..."