48. Cousins In War (Bonus 5)

Anna was once again and staying in the window less room was really making her feel depressed. The fact that Jackson had put security and blockage around the place said a lot about how she didn't underestimate her. She was going to find a way to escape no matter how long it took and Jackson knew that. But time was running out as her husband was approaching New York. The thought of him in danger made her feel like wanting to die. He was her life. What was she going to do if anything happened to him? Arturo was one Who truly loved her. He was playful but he never hurt her like how Jackson had. The thought of Jackson stroking her hair made her cringe. She was a married woman and he felt totally free to touch her knowing she belonged to another man. Arturo had never allowed another woman touch him, ever. She was his first and last. Arturo was faithful and forgiving.

After what she had done about Amethyst she didn't think her husband would even go looking for her when she went missing but he was doing it personally endangering himself. She wasn't worried about her children. Ambrogio Voltolini was the husband of Arturo's cousin Portia so them being related had created a tie of blood. He automatically protected her children when Arturo was away. He was quite efficient too even though he wasn't fond of Arturo's good relationship with Francesco. He still held a grudge because he had lost in the war with Francesco but Anna was sure he was grateful to be alive and he was happy with his wife. Even though they had no children he looked at Scorpious like his own son. As he said it, blood was blood. His nephew was son of Alessio Voltolini who was married to Arturo's sister Alicia and Scorpious was as good to carry the burden of being Ambrogio's heir since Alessio was a priest.

The door opened and Anna looked away as she was sitting on the sofa not wanting to greet Jackson. He said he was going to be long gone. Why was he back?

"Anna." a whisper came.

Anna froze. She turned and stood up not believing who was standing there.

She walked towards him "Antonio..." She then closed the distance between them and embraced her cousin tightly. She let go of her emotions and cried as hard as she could.

Antonio rubbed circles behind her back "Shh... It's ok..."

Anna sobbed "How can it be ok Antonio? Our family is torn apart. You are banished now. Aren't you? I didn't Now you can't go back and if you do Francesco will kill your wife who is also banished elsewhere. And now I am in this mess... I have to look at Jackson to walk in any minute and run his hands over my hips.. Why Antonio? Why..."

Antonio said in a low tone "What? He touched you?" He broke away and looked into her eyes "I will kill him ... if it didn't make things worse but I will talk to him. He can't touch you."

Anna said "He has nothing to lose. Does he now? He has passed on his kingdom to Tristan so he has no full responsibilities. But he can use all his resources when he wants. He has friends and allies who will bail him out... He doesn't care for anyone so he doesn't mind if anyone comes after his sister and nephew. Vincenzo was plotting to abduct them. He told me that. But he still went ahead with abducting me not caring much for their lives. He is a monster."

Antonio looked around and then at Anna "Just do as he says Anna. You will be free. Soon. Francesco and Arturo won't let him get away with it."

Anna looked into his eyes and said "You know. I am so glad to see you alive. I don't want to even know what's your purpose here. You are not here to rescue me. Otherwise you would be doing it. Has he abducted you too? Or ... you came to him willingly?"

Antonio said with a sad tone "I was banished as you said. Francesco didn't even set guards to watch me leave ... to Canada. He said to me through Costanzo that I should leave and never come back unless i want to bury my wife. I left but the car changed direction. I was drugged with some gas released into the back of the taxi. Next thing I knew I woke up in this building."