28. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 3)

Tristan was looking around Vienna's room as he was waiting for her. She had gone to the kitchen to get some hot pastries out of the oven helping her mother who had just arrived back. He waited inside her room deliberately. He liked looking at her room. He smiled at how her room hadn't changed much. He loved her discipline and tidiness. She also had very good taste in interior design and decorations. She was an intelligent artist. He got curious with her shopping bags. As he was looking through one of her shopping bags that had clothes inside, he heard her enter the room. She announced "Pastiries are ready. I am brewing some coffee so you can have some hot drink with a pastry before you leave me."

Tristan looked at her dress that he was holding in his hand "Who said I am leaving you?"

Vienna raised an eyebrow as she entered and closed the door behind her "Tristan. You are going to your family home tonight. Right?"

Tristan turned to her "I really like this dress. Can you try it on Vienna?"

Vienna said "My mum doesn't like it. It's one of the dresses I picked."

Tristan said "I think it would look great on you."

She smiled and grabbed the dress from his hands "Ok. I will try it." She then waited for him.

Tristan said "Ok. I get it. You don't want to go to the bathroom in your own room to change." He then turned around and started looking at her other shopping bags "When did you buy all this?" He said.

Vienna started getting changed slowly "Yesterday. But I didn't get the chance to unpack it. I was busy."

Tristan looked at a coat that he pulled out "I love this coat too. It's creamy white. It suites you.... What were you busy with?"

Vienna cleared her throat "You can turn around now."

Tristan turned around. He sucked in a breath "You look beautiful and elegant... Like always. Wear this coat. It's a nice outfit for tonight's Christmas mass church service."

Vienna smiled and took the coat from his hand "You always exaggerate. It's my normal style of clothes I wear."

As Vienna started wearing the coat, Tristan started walking slowly around her "So. I asked you what have you been busy with? Tell me."

Vienna shrugged as she was buttoning up the coat "All kinds... The past few days have been busy with people."

Tristan stood in front of her and smiled as he placed the hood of the coat on her head "You look adorable." He then leaned close and kissed her cheek gently as he whispered "Tell me what kept you busy that wasn't me. I am starting to get jealous." He then slightly pulled away and looked into her eyes expectantly and his warning tone wasn't missed by Vienna. She felt his jealousy.

Vienna sighed "Tristan. You don't need to feel jealous. I was busy with pre-semester project  work. I was working with Reagan."

Tristan's eyes flashed "Which Reagan?"

Vienna shrugged "Reagan O'Reily."

Tristan asked "How much do you know about her?"

Vienna explained "She is my new best friend. She will be in my art school. I met her a few times recently. Her family live in Philadelphia but she is going to be in my art school this term. After your father took over the school her parents decided to transfer her there. Her family are staying in New York during Christmas because of her grandparents live in New York."

Tristan frowned "I didn't mean her background. I mean how much do you know her personally? You just met her... She should know to keep her distance."