38. Confess

Angelia stood up "I should get back."

Vienna looked up as she was seated on the swing seat "Don't."

Angelia said "Your man is coming this way. I don't want to be in his way."

Vienna turned around and saw Tristan walking towards them "But he was just walking away. Why is he coming back?"

Angelia said "Exactly. I should go."

Vienna stood up and followed Angelia "Look. He won't hurt you. I know he won't."

Angelia turned to look at her "He won't... unless he sees a reason for it. Right now I can see the look in his eyes that he only has for you. He is coming for you and not me. So I would like to make myself scarce."

Vienna sighed "She was used to it by now. Like the king that he was the crowd parted when he walked. She said "Fine. I see you later." She then turned and walked back to the swing. She looked into his eyes as he was approaching her. She thought of making him walk some more so she walked away knowing full well he didn't like it. Back in the day when she lived near him he cherished every minute with her. Now he had been away from her for a while so she could only imagine him getting annoyed. But she didn't mind. He deserved to be annoyed after threatening her brother. She didn't like that. She also didn't like how he wanted to hurt Angelia. She understood why. But she didn't like it. She stood in front of the water fountain of their gardens watching the water they seemed peaceful. It was contrast to the suspense there was. She took on Tristan this way by walking away. He didn't like that. No one walked away from him. Only she could.

She felt his arms around her waist and his breathe on her cheek. There was no one around. The area was surrounded by trees.

His voice was calm "Confess."

She felt a chill go down her spine as he startled her with that word. Confess. That made her feel like as though she had done something wrong. "I ... don't know what you mean."

Tristan moved. He suddenly was in front of her. He rested his hands on her hips as he looked into her eyes "Nolan."

Vienna was taken back "Nolan? What about him?"

Tristan narrowed his eyes "What did he want? I heard Nolan talked to you. I asked the guards if he had. They said yes."

Vienna gave out a shaky breathe "Oh. Him? Well. He didn't say anything worth mentioning Tristan. I hardly remember what he said. It was about the scholarship I did not want. I think that was the highlight."

Tristan looked into her eyes in silence not saying anything. His eyes were narrowed on her as though he was making a judgement in his mind.

Vienna felt nervous. She didn't like the silence. Her heart started beating faster but something told her to not let Tristan intimidate her. She cleared her throat and held her head up "Tristan. I know you are jealous. I can see it. But you have nothing to worry about. I trust you and you should trust me...,"

Tristan whispered "I trust you. But I don't trust him."

Vienna argued "If you trust me then you trust my judgement. The O'Leary family are your equals. They work with my father. Do you think my father would have allowed him to come here if he didn't trust him to act honourable. He is no threat to me Tristan. He is not Edward Blake. I live by my father's rules. I am allowed to talk to other boys unless they are weaklings or have family in law enforcement. He is neither. I can talk to him and so can he."