65. Regrets

Vienna's heart was beating fast as she met his stare. It took a few seconds for Tristan to look away but not before making her tremble. She was witnessing his business side and not just any business side. It was the side she hadn't seen before. His eyes were void of emotion.

When Tristan turned around he ordered his men "Take him away back to his cell. I will finish this later..." The men unstrapped the hooded figure and carried his limp body away. That was when he turned to Jericho. "Well, well, Well." He then turned to Vienna Who was unmoving. His stare didn't leave Vienna as he climbed the metal stairs. He reached her and looked at Vienna as he ordered "O'Brian... Leave us. Go pick yourself a cell and lock yourself in it. I will deal with you shortly."

Jericho breathed "Yes Sir." He knew his boss didn't want to deal with him in front of his lady. She was special. Rules didn't apply to her in the same way they applied to others... He had fifty fifty chance of survival that night. He wished his boss at least let him write a goodbye letter to his family if his boss was going to kill him for showing weakness and not saying no to her. He could have but couldn't find it in himself to refuse the queen anything. His loyalty was to his queen. He lived and breathed to protect her as her personal bodyguard. Her personal requests mattered to him. It displeased his boss. If his boss wanted to give him a quick death, he would have shot him dead right then. Even in front of his woman he would have shot him dead. That was the Irish way. Tristan didn't hesitate. But his boss either wanted to kill him slowly or he was going to let him leave. Either way he knew this was nothing to do with his bloodline and family. No one was immune especially when it came to matters related to the queen.

Tristan stared at Vienna wordlessly while putting his hands in his pocket. He was looking down at her since she wasn't wearing heels and it seemed like Tristan had grown afew inches recently.

When he spoke next, it  made her feel shaken to the core from the coldness and firmness in his voice. "Why did you come here? Who made you come?"

Vienna slowly found her voice "I ... was curious... I wanted to ... come find you... so we could go... I am sorry. No one made me come... I insisted to be brought to you..."

Tristan shook his head as he stared at her with disapproval and said in a low tone "You have no idea Vienna. You don't have the slightest idea... about how much I love you and how much you mean to me. If you did, you would not defied me this way..."

Vienna gasped. She wanted to reply but no sound came out. She felt guilt. She felt regrets. She regretted not waiting. She regretted dragging Jericho.

Tristan stated "You are in Irish territory. You need to live by my rules when you are with me. You defied my orders indirectly. I gave out orders to Trent and O'Brian. Yet you defied it."

She regretted not seeing it... she regretted not seeing how going against obrian and Trents advice was disobeying Tristan's orders. They were acting for him on his instructions and she had defied him. This was no high school game. This was no survival camp. This was real life.

Tristan stated in a chilling voice "You won't be able to do this again... I won't allow it... Let's go now..."

Vienna then found herself being lead away by Tristan. His tone of voice had finality she couldn't refuse to accept. No matter how hard she tried to resist and argue. It was as thought this was a different Tristan. She was in shock. His voice was void of any emotion and his eyes were empty of compassion. He was handling her gently even though she had feared he wouldn't. When he said "Let's go." That was the end of her fight. She couldn't argue.