11. High Emotions

His piercing eyes were making her shake to the core. He was reprimanding her with his eyes and Adele was haunted by how he was looking at her. She stood up trying to divert his attention. She walked to the kitchen counter " The freshly baked pastries are done now cooled I think. Its nice to have them fresh with tea." She then started placing them on a large tray from the oven tray.

Sancia was was staring at the application form that O'Neil had placed on the breakfast table "I didn't think that Adele had signed this form without asking your approval. I thought maybe you had missed the part where it asks for a second signature or was it without your knowledge? Can you confirm to us why this form is half signed?" She then looked up at Francesco and smiled politely at him as he  was sipping from his mug of tea as he was looking right at O'Neil across the table. Francesco did not reply.

Francesco was staring down O'Neil as he was looking back at him. O'Neil had placed the application form that Adele had filled out for Vienna. Adele had submitted the form without his knolwedge and now the O'Neils were waiting for a reaction. Francesco of course was going to react. Most importantly he wanted to express his dissaporoval of O'Neil for intimidating his wife by focusing his intimidating stare on her while she was seated. He could return the favour instead and intimidate Sancia. He had enough dirt on her to do it. But he played fair.

Adele looked around the table as she put the tray down and sat down "Try some fresh pastries."

Sanica was the first one to help herself to a pastry "Thank you Adele. These Italian pastries are lovely. I am sure you deciding by yourself to send Vienna to Italy cant be for her to taste Italian pastries. Certainly you make some lovely ones here. So can you tell us why you would like to send her away? I need to be convinced this is the right choice for Vienna as one of our top students. Italy doesnt offer anything to Vienna that already is unavailable to her here.

Francesco wanted to hand it to Sancia. She was smooth in talking. She hit the nail on its head. There was no convincing reason for Vienna to travel to Italy. She had what she needed back home.

As Adele was about to put together words to respond, she forgot what she was going to say as Emanuelle's haunting stare zeroed on her once again "I do not think I wish to hear the reasoning. As I mentioned I only would like to know why Francesco has not signed the form. Why was he not informed of this?" Emanuelle then turned to look at Francesco. He got away with it. No one else would have lasted that long at that breakfast table. Emanuelle wanted some confessions from Adele that she had gone behind Francesco's back to ensure Vienna was on a plane to Italy soon and he wanted to see Francesco to admit it.

Francesco put down his mug of tea and turned to his wife "Sweetheart, may I have the tea pot. I would like to pour myself some more tea."

Adele offered "I will do it." She then reached for his cup. He smiled at his wife as he handed her his mug. He then changed his expression as he looked at O'Neil "There must have been a miscommunication between my wife and I. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Leave this form with me and I will get back to you if I decide to sign the form."

O'Neil replied "So, Adele filled in and signed this form without your knowledge. Is that correct?"

Francesco sighed. As if this was not clear already? He nodded "Yes. My wife is quite excited about Vienna having some experience studying abroad before going to college. She is over excited and too passionate about making sure Vienna sees the world. She forgot that more than two adults must consent to an abroad trip for a child at your academy."

O'Neil was taken back at how Francesco was standing by his wife's side. He watched her handing her husband his mug of tea. Adele had betrayed him in some ways but he kept calm. To Francesco, his wife's crimes were always forgivable but not forgettable for sure. O'Neil then declared "I think your wife is quite excited but so were we when Clarisa announced to go abroad. We didnt accept at first of course. But then she had already secured several internships in Milan to work in Journalism and law. So we were convinced she was making an informed choice."