Chapter TWELVE

Micah's POV*

I heard a gunshot and cringed.

My Blake just did that..

It went deadly silent after that and I didn't have the strength to open the door to see what was going on.

Once the door finally opened, what felt like hour later, I flinched and stood up immediately, looking to Blake.

He looks like he's seen a ghost... he's so pale...

"What's wrong?" I moved closer to him and held a hand out for him to take.

My heart sank when he just stared at it... unmoving with a confused look in his eyes.

"T-that guy..."

His voice shook and he fell to his knees, choking on a sob.

"Callin?" I asked, worry taking over my body as I crouched down to Blake's level to comfort him.

He didn't respond, just nodded numbly.

My hands started shaking as I looked down on his small frame.

He's so scared... I hate this...

"He's my mate." He glanced up at me, his eyes shining with tears and confusion.

My heart broke.

It's harsh thumping claimed otherwise.

"He... he what?" I couldn't recognize who I was at this second. I fell back onto my ass and tears fell out of my eyes and down my cheeks in waves.

Was he going to leave me? After all we've been through?

His eyes shone brightly at me in pity and sadness. I didn't know what to think...

"What do I do?" He whispered, his eyebrows scrunching as he tore his gaze away from mine and glanced at a single flower in the pit of all the weeds.

Beauty in all the Complications.

I smiled at him even though he wasn't looking and even though my heart was throbbing with the pain of the unknown.

"You do what makes you happy." With the small smile still on my face, I slowly got up, "Because that's all I'll ever want for you." I bent down and placed a kiss on his forehead before slowly walking away.

...From my everything.

***

I kept walking... And I didn't turn around. I was too afraid to turn and see him going back into the Jail.... But the slamming of its door told me enough.

What if he chooses Callin? What if I lose everything...

I didn't know where I wanted to go but my feet seemed to, as I ended up in the packs hospital room. Lily staring at me with an expectant eyebrow risen.

"You look like crap." She deadpanned, a small smirk taking her lips.

"Thanks." I attempted to offer a smile, though the negative thoughts kept swarming like angry bees in my head.