Chapter SIXTEEN

Micah's POV*

It's been a week.

A whole week since Blake was taken from me. Since I got him back.

But he's safe now and his old pack has joined us, not without some bumps. It's a work in progress.

"Micah, wake up." Blakes voice called out, groggy with sleep.

It's kind of hot though...

I bit my lip and enjoyed the pleasant shiver his voice ran up my spine, indulging in it.

Turning towards him,

"I'm awake." My voice came out thick with sleep as well and I rubbed my palm into my eye, trying to clear the tiredness still lingering.

To my surprise, Blake leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

A small, surprised groan torn from my throat and Blake hummed in contentment.

I couldn't ignore the way he held on to me, hands trembling in fear, but trust woven through the kiss.

Shattering glass made us break apart, both our head snapping to the side to the window shattering.

Again. What the hell is with this damned window?

Blake and I both got out of bed, I used my body to shield him as a woman fell in through the window, her bright yellow eyes trained on me.

"Stay behind me, okay?" I reached my arm out for him, tucking him further behind my frame.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" My voice came out low and threatening, my feet instinctively pulling me forwards.

The woman only smirked in response, her blonde hair a mess in her face.

"Don't wait up for me babe." A mans voice came from behind the woman, seeing him reach his arm through the window before making his way through. My body felt tense, what the fuck are they doing?

The woman's voice was sickly sweet when she spoke, pulling his face close to hers, their eyes trained on each other, her bright pink stiletto nails digging into his cheeks before their lips met, as if they were in their own world. They pulled away, his dark hair fell into his piercing green eyes before they both looked towards us.

I tried to ignore the tension in my shoulders, how their presence felt heavy. They were insane.

"No need to tell me twice." Her eyes immediately trained on me.

She moved so quickly, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out a syringe. When she lunged at me, I sent my fist flying towards her. She ducked and stabbed my thigh, squeezing the unknown serum into my system.

Goddamnit, she's faster than I thought!

Slowly, I could feel my body start to tingle, each of my limbs slowing going numb before my knees gave out under me, making contact with the floor as my vision went dark.

*
*
*
*

Blake's POV*