Chapter TWENTY-TWO

Blakes POV*

I was sad when Micah told me he had to go away for a week, going to a whole other state. He had some 'very important' meetings to attend.

Stupid Alpha responsibilities.

Lucky for me, he didn't leave for another three days.

Currently, we were lounging in the living room on the huge leather L-shaped couch. For being leather, it was surprisingly comfortable.

Next to me was, of course, Micah on my right with Am to my left. I almost snorted at how identical our positions were.

She was snuggled up to Trevor, while my head was buried in Michas chest. As always.

Lily was on the floor in front of the couch, insisting that it was comfy enough even if there was enough room for her up here with us.

I think she just didn't wanna be a fifth wheel, seeing as she was still mateless.

Disregarding the thoughts, having enough negativity as is, I snuggled closer to Micha and almost squealed like a 15 year old girl when he groaned and pulled me closer. I love how warm he is.

Or maybe it was just my heart...

He makes it warm. Loving... He makes it all better.

I didn't want to see him leave... last time we were apart...

I shivered at the sudden chill creeping up my spine.

On the TV was an unknown cartoon movie about a girl with long hair and a bitch of a mother. I never really got to watch TV until I came here.

It was... nice.

When I felt Micha shift under me in the dark room, I looked up to him to see his eyes shown over with worry.

Without so much as an explanation to the others in the cozy, warm room, he lifted me up off the couch and took me to our room slowly. The shadow in his eyes never leaving, as if he was worried about the world.

I hadn't even noticed when we made it to the room, so lost in thought that I hadn't notice he'd set me down on the bed until he asked,

"What's wrong, pup?"

He was worried about me.

But with nothing to worry over. My eyes shown over with curiosity as I tilted my head at him.

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong at all?" My voice came softly and hit my ears as if I hadn't spoken at all.

"You're crying..." He trailed off, his hand reaching up to cup my cheek, his thumb wiping away a tear as if it were nothing.

I was crying..?

"Nothing's wrong..." I thought, before a smile crept its way onto my face, "I'm happy."

He paused as to take in my words. When they finally sunk in, his eyes smiled at me. They were so gorgeous...

He leaned up and kissed me, soft and slow and lovingly.

Just the way I've always liked it.

Just the way I've always liked him.

Without breaking the gentle kiss, he picked me up and set me further up on the bed so that my legs were no longer dangling off the side, but rather propped up with my back to the headboard.

He laid next to me and I wanted to laugh at the position.

His head was snuggled into my stomach, his arms wrapped around my waist and his legs tangled with mine.

He was so big compared to me, and it was wonderful seeing him snuggle up to me as if I'd protected him from the weight of the world a million times over.

As I played with his hair, soft music playing in my head, filling the silence, I realized that,

yes...

I would protect him from the weight of the world a million times over.

***

After hours of lazing around with my mate, I woke up to kisses on my stomach.

They were hot and open mouthed and instantly caused my still sleep ridden mind to fuzz over in lust.

A noise was heard in the quiet room, other than the sound of the kisses.

It was a deep groan, slightly incoherent and pleading.

Uwaaaa, that noise came from me.

I groaned again but this time, in embarrassment.

His chuckle sounded through the room and I noticed how my hands immediately found his and interlocked our fingers.

He looked at me with such heat, I felt a lump form in my throat...

and my pants..

Embarrassment shot up and down my spine, heating my cheeks as I reached both hands up, covering my face.

He laughed, a deep chuckle that sent a shiver up my spine. I could feel myself aching between my legs, desire driving my senses. He reached up, pulling my hands away. He didn't say anything, his eyes glazed over, I could see the lust swirling in them, a dark cloud over his clear eyes. He was barely hovering over me, but I had to look down to see him, as his head was resting above my waistline.

Noticing how close he was, I expected fear to ram its evil head into the calm atmosphere but when none came, I smiled widely, bit my lip and wiggled my way down so that his face was level with mine.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and held back a moan at the friction it caused between our lower halves.

"Blake... what are you doing?"

I thought about it... I thought about what made me move lower and what made me feel safe...

I thought about the emotions coursing through me and how neither my fear, nor anxiety, my panic, none were present.

"Trusting you."

Our lips met no sooner than the words escaped, and our lower parts collided almost painfully.

Ecstasy. Bliss. Pleasure. Lust. Love.

He moved his hips, jerking them towards mine that were under him. My back arched and the kiss broke.

It didn't last long however, because his lips soon attached themselves to my neck.

The tightness of my boxers and the heat from my body was overwhelming. Everything was overwhelming.

"Micah.." I whined desperately and as soon as he nipped my neck with his teeth and a low growl tore through his throat, my hips were bucking up against his, craving the attention.

"Please.." I whimper and locked my ankles tighter around him and lost my hands in his hair, the warm glow in the room giving the atmosphere an even more euphoric glow.

Just as he was about to give into my plea, going to remove our clothing, the door flew open.

"Micah! I nee- it can wait.." The voice came in and out of the room so fast, walking in and out of the room as if the air had burned her.

I flushed and Micah laughed loudly, placing whispered kisses all over my face before getting off of me and lazily throwing on more clothes before leaving the room.

I huffed in annoyance.

***

HEYYYYYYY ITS JAYYYYYY

GOD I LOVE THIS STORY.

CLICK THE STAR TO SHOW THE WORLD YOU SHINE MY DARLINGS!!

nothing really over the top in this chapter, just character development but i promise more to come! ;)

<3

~Ms.Witch

Revised- October 9th, 2023