Chapter 2

Note to readers: this song that Sasha and Lance have written is a poem that I have written. It is called Song Of Love. I have it in my book of poems. I don't have any music for it but it's supposed to be sweet and slow. So you guys can imagine it for yourself. It doesn't matter how you imagine it. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Sasha's POV

I'm sitting in my dorm finishing up the song lyrics. I have had so much fun working with Lance. He is a great guy. I like how we can just sit and talk and be really good friends.

I am almost finished when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see Lance standing there. He was wearing a nice button shirt with black pants. He looked very nice.

"Well our two weeks as project partners are up." He said leaning against the door frame. He looked so sexy.

Wow, my brain just went there. I've never thought that way about anyone before. I was so shocked at myself that I started blushing. He laughed and I let him in.

He sat down at my desk and looked at my paper. The lyrics were personal. It was a poem I wrote before, and after Lance read it, he said we had to use it.

I was hesitant, and I didn't want to use it. I finally caved when he gave me his puppy dog eyes. I couldn't resist them. Better yet, I couldn't resist him. We've been hanging out for two weeks, and I think I have feelings for him.

He said the lyrics were very nice. He recorded the guitar on his phone and he started playing it, as he sang our song.

Come lay down
Right beside me
Sing a sweet
Melody
We'll rest our bones
And stay right here
Trust me my darling
There is nothing to fear

Be with me
In my dreams
Cause you and I
We're meant to be
I will love you
Till the end of time
So glad that you are
Only mine

When we wake
I'll see those eyes
And that smile
Oh, how it shines
I can't believe
We're still together
And I'll pray
It'll be forever

So, come lay down
Right beside me
Sing a sweet
Melody
We'll rest our bones
And stay right here
Trust me my darling
There is nothing to fear

Trust me my darling
There is nothing to fear.

After he had finished, I was crying. He had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. We're supposed to sing the song together, but I love hearing him sing it solo.

"You have an amazing voice, Lance."

"Thank you, Sasha, you do too. I love hearing you sing."

I blushed and turned away. He stood up and lifted my chin so I could look at him. His eyes were so beautiful. I got lost in them every time we made eye contact.

"Has anyone ever told you, you have beautiful eyes?"

OMG, why in the world did I say that? He was chuckling a little. His soft blue eyes stared into mine, and I could see the passion in them.

"I have heard it once or twice." He said with a wink. Why did he wink at me?

He wiped the tears off my face. His hands are so soft. He asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. Of course, I said yes. How could I say no to him?

We went to the park. When we made it there, we went to the tree where he first heard me sing. He had a picnic set up. It was so sweet. I wondered what the occasion was.

"This is so lovely Lance."

He smiled and turned away. That was the first time I'd seen him blush. It was very cute on him. What am I saying? A lot of things look cute on him.

We sat down and he gave me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He had milk cartons from the cafeteria too. I giggled a bit. I thought it was so cute.

We ate our sandwiches and had our milk. There was fruit too. We didn't talk much. He seemed a bit nervous. I was wondering what was on his mind.

After we finished eating, we just sat there together. He held me against him, and it was very peaceful. We just watched the world together. It was getting a little too quiet, so I decided to start a conversation.

"Thank you for this lovely picnic, Lance. It was very sweet."

"You're welcome. It's just a way to celebrate us finishing our project."

"Well, if there's a picnic like this every time, I hope we are partners in all our projects."

He started laughing. I loved hearing him laugh. His voice was deep, but not overly so. It was so soothing.

He wiped his eyes. He was laughing so hard that he started crying.

"Haha, well I hope we're partners too. I like spending time, and working with you Sasha."

It was my turn to blush now. I like him. He's very handsome and nice. I don't think he feels the same way about me though. I don't want to get my hopes up, just so they can be torn down.

I've only just met him though. It's only been two weeks of knowing him. I don't understand why this is happening. How can you have such strong feelings for someone you've only just met?

"I like spending time with you Lance. There's something I have to tell you though."

He looked worried when I said that.

"I don't know how to explain it, but I like you, Lance. I know it's only been two weeks of us hanging out, and we've only been working on a project, but I truly do like you."

I looked into his sapphire eyes, and something was wrong. He looked sad. I didn't expect that from him when I told him I liked him. Why would he be sad?

I stood up to walk away, but he grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him, and he had tears flowing. I wrapped him in my arms as he cried. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do.

He looked up at me with his sad eyes. The redness made them stand out even more. He looked so broken. I wiped his tears and kissed his forehead. He calmed down slightly.

"I'm so scared. I don't want to hurt you."

"You could never hurt me. What's wrong Lance?"

He looked at me and said the words I dreaded to hear.

"I'm sick, and I'm dying."