Chapter 11

Sasha's POV

I followed Lance angrily. How could he say that to me? I love him, and I'm trying my hardest to be there for him. He keeps walking, and I finally catch up to him.

"Why are you doing this!?"

I stop in front of him. He just stands there looking away, not saying anything. I'm not backing down. I fold my arms in front of me. He glances at me and looks away.

"I'm waiting for an answer. I'm not leaving until I get one."

He looks at me defeated. He sighs before answering.

"Sasha, it's over. I'm not getting my memory back. We came to talk about our dreams. Neither one of us had a dream last night. Maybe that's a sign that it's over. I'm not putting you through this anymore."

He moved past me. It started raining, he was walking away and I just yelled at him.

"So that's it then!? You're done? What am I supposed to do without you!? You're the one who told me not to give up! You're the one giving up!"

He turned and came walking fast to me.

"What am I supposed to do Sasha!? Just keep you here, sitting around waiting for something that's never going to happen. It's over!"

"It's not over. I love you. You're the one who asked me to not give up on you. Tell me you don't love me back. Tell me that, and then I'll leave."

His sapphire eyes looked deep into mine. The rain poured down, dripping down his face. His wet hair stuck to his forehead. I love him so much. How can he do this to me?

"I don't love you."

The words came out cold. He turned and walked away. He left me standing there in the cold, pouring rain. I fell to my knees it hurt so bad. I can't do this without him. I don't want to.

I got up, walked to my car, and drove home crying. I fell onto my bed, crying out in pain. It hurts so bad. What am I supposed to do?

Lance's POV

I left her in the rain. I walked to my car. I was so numb inside. I don't care anymore. I'm tired of hurting the people I love.

I do love Sasha, but I can't keep hurting her like this. This will be the last time I ever hurt her. I can't do this anymore.  I drove home, and I lay down on my bed. I instantly fell asleep.

*Lance's Dream

I was walking around by myself but instead of the field I'm normally in, I was on a cliff. I heard someone crying. I looked up and it was Sasha.

I yelled for her, but she didn't see me. I tried to go to her, but I couldn't. I was stuck standing there. I looked toward her again, and I could see her standing up. She turned and faced me. She looked awful.

Her hair was a mess, her eyes red and puffy from crying. She stepped forward, and then there was someone else standing there. It was me! They started talking to each other and I could hear them.

Sasha: Lance I love you

Me: I know Sasha, I love you too, but I can't do this anymore.

Sasha: All I ever did was love you, and this is what I get?

Me: Goodbye Sasha.

I watched the other me push her over the edge, and she fell into the water below.

*end of the dream

I woke up drenched in sweat. That was the worst nightmare I've ever had. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 10 pm. I decided I would text Sasha. Ten minutes went by without an answer. I decided to call her, but it just went to voicemail.

I got in my car and drove to the college. I went to the front desk and asked the receptionist where Sasha's room was. She pointed it out, and I thanked her. I went up to the room, and she wasn't there. I looked in the bathroom and everything.

I left and decided to look at the cafe, but she wasn't there either. I finally drove to the park, that's the only other place where she could be. I went there and ran to our usual spot. I couldn't see her anywhere.

What am I going to do? I have no idea where she could be. All of a sudden I heard crying. I walked to the sound, and I came to the pond.
I looked around, and my eyes came upon a dark figure. I walked forward only to notice Sasha.

"Sasha!"

I ran towards her.

"Don't come any closer!"

She was so hurt, I was afraid of what she would do.

"Sasha, honey please come here."

"No! Don't call me honey! You don't love me."

"I do love you, Sasha. I'm just tired and afraid of hurting anyone else I care about."

"Well, you don't have to worry about me anymore."

She pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

"I need an ambulance at Gray our Park. There's been an accident."

She hung up the phone.

"Sasha what are you doing?"

"Goodbye, Lance."

Then she jumped in the water. I ran to her yelling. I pulled her out and laid her on the ground. She wasn't breathing. I did CPR, but it wasn't working. I kept it up until the ambulance arrived. They took her to the hospital and I rode with her.

When we arrived at the hospital I saw my doctor in the hallway. I explained to him what had happened, and he said he would talk to the doctor who was going to be helping Sasha.

They took her to a room and was working on her, trying to get her to breathe. How could this have happened? This is all my fault. If I wouldn't have been so stubborn, none of this would have happened.

After about 30 minutes the doctor came out. He said the good news is that Sasha was breathing again and that she could breathe on her own. The bad news is that she is now in a coma.

Everything went black.

Hey guys, sorry for this twist. I'm just trying to make it seem more exciting. Tell me what you think. I hope you like it.