Chapter 9

Author's Note: The outfit above is what Sasha wore.

Sasha's POV

I woke up in my bed, with tears streaming down my face. It was still the middle of the night, so I just laid back down, remembering what had happened in the dream world. I was with him again. I love him so much. It was my fault what happened to him. Either way, I would have lost him, and I did.

He had the surgery, and he lost his memory. It was all my fault. I couldn't tell him not to get it, because then he would have died. I let him get the surgery, and now he doesn't remember anything. The only way we can see each other is through our dreams. They seem so real, and it's so hard to believe.

I get to see him for real today, and I couldn't be any happier. Well, I could be, but I'm still extremely happy now. I got up and took my shower, and brushed my teeth and my hair. I got my clothes out to wear to meet him.

I put on my black leggings and a long white shirt with a black belt around the waist. I had my long black leather boots tied up. I looked in the mirror, and I decided to apply light makeup. I used eyeliner and a little mascara, and I added some shiny pink lip gloss. I put my long blond hair up in a messy bun.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and headed to meet Lance. I went to the café on the corner and walked inside. I scanned the room until my eyes met his. His beautiful sapphire eyes bore into me. He stood up as I walked to the table. I stretched my hand out, and he took it. He shook my hand and motioned me to sit down.

"I'm glad you could make it." He said.

"Of course, how have you been?" I've been wondering how he was doing. I've been thinking about him a lot.

"I'm doing well. Something's been on my mind. I needed to talk to you."

He looked serious. I tried to stay focused, to not get my hopes up. I fiddled with my fingers nervously. It was so hard to be with him right now. I never thought it would be like this. I wanted to hold him so badly. I missed the way we used to be.

"How have you been Sasha?" He pulled me from my thoughts.

"Oh, I've been doing okay. Just going to school. One day at a time."

He smiled. It was good to see him smile. I loved it.

"I guess that's the only thing you can do, huh?"

He winked at me. My stomach turned, remembering the first time he did that. I felt sad, because of all the happy memories I had. I guess he could tell by the look on my face because his expression changed.

He took my hand in his, and his once-happy eyes became sad. He took my hand to his lips and kissed it. He sat there for a minute, trying to not be emotional. He looked up at me and smiled weakly.

"Come on, let's go for a walk."

We left the café and walked down the street. It was mostly a silent walk. We held each other's hands, side by side. I was just letting my feet take me with him. I looked up and couldn't believe where we ended up.

The park.

We were standing right beside the picnic table when we first met. I let go of his hand and stepped toward it. I slowly sat down, and I started crying. It was so painful to remember everything myself. To be here with him was too painful.

He came up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. I hugged his arm and cried. I couldn't handle this. It's too much.

I stood up and tried to run away, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me close. I cried into his chest. I didn't know what else to do.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Ssshh. Sasha, it's okay. I've been crying too."

I looked up at him, and his eyes were red and puffy. I wiped his face, as he wiped mine. I kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly.

"I know you don't remember me Lance, but I love you. I love you with all my heart, I need you to know that. I'm not trying to be clingy or anything. I'm in so much pain right now. I need you to know how I feel."

"I know how you feel Sasha. That's why I asked you to meet me today. I've dreamed of you ever since I came home from the hospital."

I was so surprised when he said that. He grinned a little. I waited for the wink, but it didn't come this time.

"I hear you singing in my dreams. I asked you to make me remember. I need you to promise me you will. I need you to promise me something more than that though."

I was so shocked. I had to help him. I knew it now. Of course, I'll help him.

"Yes, anything."

"Promise me you won't give up on me."

"I promise. I'll never give up on you Lance. You have my word."

He smiled, and he leaned down and kissed my forehead. I felt so much better after talking to him. I'm so happy we decided to meet up today.

We went to the pizza place and had a couple of slices. After that, we walked through the park until the stars came out. We lay in the grass and looked up at the night sky.

I glanced over at him, and he had the biggest smile on his face. He pointed out the constellations he knew. He loved the night sky. I loved the way his eyes lit up when he talks about them.

He walked me to my car, hand in hand. We stood there for a second, and he took me by my hands. His smile was so intoxicating. He looked into my eyes, and he slowly leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"May I kiss you, Sasha?"

"Yes you may, Lance."

He leaned down smiling, and gently placed his soft lips on mine. We kissed each other so slowly, and passionately. It was like nothing I'd ever felt before.

"I'll see you in my dreams, Sasha."

"I'll see you there, Lance."

He winked at me, as I sat in my car. I blew him a kiss before I pulled away. My heart was filled with joy on the way home. I couldn't wait to go to sleep tonight.