Chapter 12

Lance's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed. They didn't have anything connected to me, so that means I wasn't admitted. I sat up quickly and rushed out of my room. I had to see Sasha. She was in a coma last I heard.

I made it to her room. When I walked in, I saw the woman I love broken. They had the heart monitor connected to her and a cannula for her oxygen. I slumped in the chair beside her bed and laid my head by her side. I listened to her breathing, one breath at a time. She used to be so full of life, but now as I see her here laying in this bed, I start to weep.

How could this have happened? If only I would have stayed with her, she wouldn't have been in this situation. She would still be here with me, awake and I would know she was alright. We would be singing our song together, laughing and joking with each other. I couldn't believe this was happening.

I took her hand and kissed it. It was still warm. Her face was pale. I have never seen her like this before. I am so worried about her. She means the world to me, and I'm afraid that I'll never be able to tell her just how much I love her. I hope she makes it through this, I truly do. I will never leave this hospital no matter how long it takes. I will stay by her side, and wait for her. Even if it kills me.

Hours turned into days, and the days turned into weeks. She is still asleep in this coma. She hasn't even stirred around for us to assume she is waking up. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. I need to get out of this hospital, but I can't leave Sasha. I don't want to be gone if she wakes up. I'm losing my faith that she will ever wake up. It's been three weeks already. She should have been awake by now. The doctors have said they will give her one more week, but if she isn't awake by then, they'll pull the plug. There isn't much more they can do for her. They say all they can do is keep her comfortable. The nurse came in like she always does to do Sasha's vitals.

"Why don't you go get something to eat? I can sit here with Sasha until you come back."

I didn't want to leave her, but I needed to eat, and take a shower. I walked to the bathroom with the clothes the nurse gave me and quickly showered. I then went to the cafeteria, and the warm smell of food filled my nose. I breathed in deeply, savoring every scent. I decided on having spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. It was the most delicious meal I have had in a while.

After my meal, I was walking toward Sasha's room. I heard over the intercom that room 118A has a code blue. Code blue, 118A, THAT'S SASHA!

I ran the rest of the way to her room. My legs were pumping, and my heart was beating a million miles an hour. What's going on? I just left for a meal, and now they're calling her on a code blue?
I knew I shouldn't have left her.

When I got to her room, they were doing CPR, and they were shocking her with the paddles. This can't be happening. Why is this happening? My Sasha is in there fighting for her life. She doesn't know how much I truly love her. All I want to do right now is hold her. I need to know she will be alright.

I waited out in the waiting area, just like I was asked. I was trying to be patient, and not worry. It's so hard to do that. How can you be patient, when the one person you love is fighting for their life?

It seems like it takes an eternity for the doctor to come out. He came out with a distraught look on his face. I knew that the inevitable had happened. When he walked up to me he just shook his head.

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this Mr. Evans, but Ms. Lake has passed away. We did everything that we could. I'm so sorry for your loss."

I was in shock. She was gone. So many emotions were going through my mind. How could I have let this happen? I love her, she is my soulmate. Now, she's gone. I can't breathe, the walls are closing in on me, like I'm being suffocated. I can't see her, not like that. No matter how badly my heart is aching for me to go to her, I just can't. I start to run. I don't even care where I go, but I just want to get as far away from the hospital as I can.

I run and run. When I finally stop to catch my breath, I realize where I ended up. I'm back at the pond. I started shaking. I'm so furious, I don't know what to do. I start yelling, trying to find an answer that I know will never come.

"Why?! Why did you do this?! Why is this happening?!"

I fall to my knees, completely and utterly broken. I start to sob. Knowing I'll never see her again, she'll never sing with me again. I'll never be able to tell her that I love her.

Never again.

I break completely. My mind was racing, my emotions on the edge. I panic and lose it entirely. I start to run again, but this time I'm not so lucky.

I'm not paying attention to where I'm going, and I hear a horn and shrieks. I'm laying on the pavement, and I can see frightened people all around me. They've called 911.

A young woman is leaning over me. I can hear her talking, but she's sounding far away. I just want to give up, I can't fight anymore. Her face flashes, and for a short second, I can see Sasha. Then I lose all consciousness.

Heyy! I'm sooooo sorry for such a late update. I know you guys have been waiting. I hope this chapter holds up to all of the waiting. I'm so sorry to end it this way, but this isn't the ending of the book.... yet. The next chapter is most likely the last. Thank you all for a stay by me and reading my work, I truly appreciate it.