Chapter 8

Sasha's POV

I took my phone out and thought about texting him. Should I do it? He doesn't remember me. If he doesn't remember me, is there a point? Of course, there is. I need to make him remember, just like he said in our dream. That sounds cool, our dream. I still can't believe that we had the same dream.

I found his name in my contacts. I hesitated, what would I say to him? I'm so scared of what's going to happen. What if he doesn't want to talk to me? I can't do this. I set my phone on the table so I could mentally prepare myself for this.

I don't know what I'll say to him. I want to help him remember. I love him so much, but what if I try and it doesn't work? I don't know what I would do.

I just sat there not knowing what to do. I finally built up the courage to text him. I wasn't fully sure what I was going to say, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try.

Hey Lance, this is Sasha. I was with you at the hospital when you woke up. I was hoping we could talk.

I sent it and waited. I waited, and waited, and waited. It seemed like forever until...

*ding*

My phone went off. I grabbed it up and looked at the message. It was him! It was Lance.

Oh, um, hey. Sasha... Sasha... You were the girl that said we went to school together? I'm sorry, I just don't remember.

He doesn't remember anything from before the surgery. I was about to text him again, but...

*ding*

My phone went off. I looked at the message.

I hope I don't offend you. I'm sorry that I don't remember. I've tried to remember my past, but it just doesn't work. I get terrible headaches because I'm straining myself.

That's what he said in the dream. Wow, this was all surreal.

Lance, it's okay. You don't have to apologize for anything. I just, want to make sure you are okay. Are you okay?

I sent it and waited. He replied instantly.

Yeah, I'm okay. I want to meet up with you though. I want to talk to you about something really important. Can we talk? Only if you aren't busy.

I was so excited! Of course, I wanted to talk to him. I've been wanting to talk to him for so long now.

Of course, we can talk. When do you want to meet?

*ding*

How about tomorrow, around noon? Maybe at the small café in town on the corner?

Okay.
Tomorrow, noon, café on the corner. Gotcha. I'll see you then Lance Evans.

*ding*

Please don't hate me for asking, but what's your last name?

I forgot that he didn't know my last name.

Lake. Sasha Lake.

*ding*

Well, Sasha Lake. It's very nice to talk to you again.

You to Lance Evans. I'll see you soon.

*ding*

I'll see you in my dreams. ;) Goodnight Sasha.

Goodnight Lance.

Then our conversation was over. I couldn't believe what he said. He said he'd see me in his dreams. That was so surprising. Would I see him again? Well, there's only one way to find out.

I laid my head on the pillow, and I started to drift off to sleep. My brain was working, and I remembered something. I sat up quickly and reached for my phone. I looked at our messages once more, and there it was, in his last message he sent me a wink. I was so happy. I laid back down again and soon fell asleep.

Sasha's Dream

I was walking through the field once again. I was singing the song Lance and I had written together. Then all of a sudden I heard him singing along with me. I felt arms pulling me close,
and my back hit his chest. He held me tight, as we continued to sing. I laid my head back on his shoulder.

When the song finished, he kissed me on the cheek. I turned around to look into his beautiful blue eyes. He looked sad and heartbroken. I placed my hand on his cheek, and he leaned into my touch.

He kissed my palm and dropped to his knees. He hugged me tightly, as he started to cry. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his head. He was trembling. I felt so sad because he was sad.

I lifted his chin to look at me, and I kissed his lips. They were so soft, and soothing. He picked me up and twirled me around. He laid me down on the soft grass, and we continued our kiss.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I love you Sasha Lake."

The sound of his voice brought chills to my skin, but they were the good kind of chills. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"I love you, Lance Evans."

We sat up and he held me close, stroking my hair. I sat there with my head on his chest, and I'd never been more at peace.

"Lance, I'm so sorry." I started crying.

He lifted my face to look at him. He was so confused. I sniffled.

"I... I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I was going to tell you not to get the surgery, but I was afraid. Either way, something bad was going to happen. It was either you lose your memory, or you died. I couldn't tell you not to get the surgery. I didn't want you to die."

I was sobbing. He held me close and was hushing me, trying to make me calm down.

"I love you so much Lance, and now you don't remember us. I don't know what to do. I miss you so much. I want to be with you like we were before, but I'm scared. I'm so scared Lance. What if it doesn't work? What if we'll never be like we were before? I can't do this Lance. I can't live without you. I don't want to. It's breaking my heart."

I was crying uncontrollably now. He held me tight. He squeezed me in his arms, and I buried my face into his chest. I never wanted this to end.

"I don't want to leave you, Lance. I love you."

He kissed me. It was such a strong kiss.

"You'll never leave me, Sasha. You'll always be with me, here."

He pointed to his heart. I cried again.

"I love you, Sasha. You are my everything. You can do it. This will work. I know it will. Spend time with me in the real world. I know this is hard for you."

He placed his forehead on mine.

"I know you can do it, Sasha. You're strong. You're stronger than you think. You're brave. You have enough love for the both of us times infinity. I love you Sasha Lake."

"I love you too Lance Evans."

Then everything went blurry again. We were waking up. I kissed him quickly and then...

Wow... Thank you guys so much for reading my book. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Sorry for such a long time to post...

Also, sorry for the cliffhanger. What do you guys think?

PS.
I was crying myself when I was writing about Sasha's Dream. I had to pause a moment with it. I hope you all enjoy it. More updates soon!