Chapter 7

Sasha's POV

I laid down that night in my dorm. I waited up until midnight to see if he would call me. He hasn't though. I was kinda disappointed, but there was nothing I could do. He didn't remember me, and I didn't want to push him. I can't imagine what he is going through. I turned off my phone and plugged it in. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

*Sasha's Dream*

I was walking through the field again. The light breeze blew through my long blond hair. It looked like waves upon the ocean. I had on a slim white dress that was flowing behind me. My feet were bare, feeling the soft grass tickling the bottom. It was so soothing. He called me again.

"Sasha"

I looked around, but I couldn't see him. I recognized his voice, and I called out to him.

"Lance?"

"Sasha"

I turned around, and there he was, he was standing there in his white buttoned shirt and black pants. I ran to him. I ran as fast as I could, and I leaped into his arms. The feeling of his arms wrapped around me was so comforting. I felt as though I had no worries. I felt like nothing was wrong, or ever could be.

He kissed me all over my face. He kissed my lips last. As he kissed me, my whole body felt weak. My knees gave out, and he gently laid me down as we continued kissing. He ran his fingers through my hair. They got a little tangled, but I could feel his fist tighten. It felt amazing. He released my hair, and he cupped his hand on my cheek. He gently rubbed his thumb across it, as the kiss ended. He looked me in the eyes, and my stomach came to a knot.

"Sasha, I love you."

The words were soothing to my soul. I love him so much, and I'm so glad that he loves me too.

"I love you too Lance."

He smiled, but it quickly faded. He looked away and sat up. I sat up beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes. He was so hurt, and I didn't know why.

"Lance, what's wrong?"

He shook his head and began to cry as I held him in my arms. He was in so much pain, but I didn't know how to help him. That's what hurts me the most. He calmed down, and he told me the most unbelievable thing that I'd ever heard.

"Sasha, I'm communicating to you through our dreams. We're both asleep right now. I've had dreams about you ever since my diagnosis. It happens every night, and now that I've found you, they have been getting stronger. I can see you now."

I couldn't believe my ears. Did he have dreams about me? He had one every night? I couldn't believe it. We've just met a couple of weeks ago and he's telling me he has dreams of me. What makes it more unbelievable is that WE ARE IN A DREAM NOW!

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say, but the expression on my face had probably said that. He was still crying though.

"Lance, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Please don't cry."

I ran my fingers through his hair and tried to comfort him. I held him close until he calmed down slightly. He looked up at me with his bloodshot eyes, and it hurt me so much to see him in pain. I've been seeing him in pain so much lately.

"Sasha, I'm not who I once was. My mind in the real world can't remember anything. I try so hard, but nothing works. I think so hard, and I get headaches for how much I try. I don't know what to do Sasha. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry."

He grabbed me and kissed me hard. There were so much passion and love. I held him close and remembered every moment, trying to keep it locked in my memory. I wanted to remember the softness of his hair, the sound of his voice, everything in this moment.

"Lance, it's okay. It's not your fault."

"But it is. It is my fault! Sasha, we could have been great together! We could have fallen in love, so deeply. I had to have surgery, and now I can't remember you, or what we had. I love you, Sasha. I love you so much. I need you to know that I love you, and I always will. You are the girl of my dreams, literally."

I giggled, but I was crying by now too. We sat together in an embrace. I just wanted to be close to him. I wanted him to know how much I love him. We talked and laughed just like before. It was like nothing had changed.

Then all of a sudden, everything went blurry. Lance looked worried. I moved closer to him. He made me look up at him, and I saw fear in his eyes.

"Find me, Sasha. Find me and make me remember. I want to remember you, and I want to be with you. You are the girl I've been waiting for. I've looked for you for a long time and I'm not ready to give you up. I know we haven't known each other for long, but it feels like forever. I need you to find me and make me remember."

Then I woke up.

The next day I went to class just like every other day. I got paired with a new girl. her name was Alyssa. She was nice, and she was an amazing singer. we wrote a new song, but it wasn't like Lance. I thought about him so much. I miss him.

The day seemed to drag on. I couldn't concentrate right. I finally went back to my dorm, and I remembered my dream from the night before. Lance told me to help him. He wants me to make him remember. How could I possibly do that? I don't know where he lives. Then I remembered, I have his number.