Chapter 10

Sasha's POV

I woke up that morning, and something strange had happened. I didn't have a dream of Lance. This was the first time I'd ever dreamed of him. I'm kind of worried because I don't understand why. I took my phone out and decided to text him.

Sasha: Hey, it's me, Sasha. I need to talk to you.

I waited for the message to send, and for him to reply. It took about 10 minutes. I was worried about him.

*ding*

Lance: Yeah, I need to talk to you too.

Sasha: Is anything wrong?

Lance: I'll tell you soon... What did you want to talk about?

Sasha: I didn't have any dreams last night, did you?

Lance: Now that you mentioned it, I didn't either. I wonder what's going on.

Sasha: Idk, but it's kinda worrying me. Is there any way we can meet up somewhere?

Lance: Yeah, meet me at the park, at 5.

Sasha: Okay, I'll see you then.

Lance: See you then beautiful

I put my phone onto the home screen and looked at the time. It was at 9 am. Lance said to meet him at 5, what was I going to do until then? I decided to go to the park and work on some music.

I grabbed my notebook, some pens, and my guitar. I loaded them up in my car and drove off to the park. Once I got there, I sat at the picnic table by the big tree where Lance and I first met.

I started strumming on the guitar, and words just poured out of me. This was the best way to ease the pain, and take my mind off of things. I sat there under the tree for a few hours, until I decided to go back to my dorm. I went to the shower and got ready to meet with Lance.

Lance's POV

I asked Sasha to meet up with me at 5 so we could talk. I have an appointment with my doctor at 3, so that's why I wanted to meet so late.

We're going to talk about last night. Neither one of us had any dreams. That's the first night I haven't had a dream of her. It's really strange. My doctor walked in pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Why hello there Lance."

"Hello, sir. How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, how about you?"

"I've been doing okay."

He asked me a few more questions about how I've been coping with everything, and how I've been spending my time.

"Lance I know this is hard for you, but the way it seems is that you're going to have permanent memory loss."

I was shocked. There was nothing he could do? He told me that if anything changed come in, but there isn't much else he could do for me.

I left the hospital and when I stopped at the red light I texted Sasha.

Lance: We need to talk.

Sasha: Okay, where do you want to meet?

Lance: Can we meet at the park?

Sasha: I'll see you there.

By the time I was finished the light turned green. I drove to the park, and sat at the picnic table, waiting for Sasha. Ten minutes passed before she pulled in.

She sat down beside me and placed her hand on my arm. I sat there looking straight ahead, not saying anything. I was so hurt, I didn't know what to do. Silent tears started falling from my eyes.

Sasha pulled me close to her, and I let go. I know she was worried about me, but I couldn't talk to her, not yet. We sat there for a few minutes in silence. She was the first one to speak.

"Lance, what's wrong?"

"Everything," I said brokenly.

"Lance, please talk to me. I'm here for you."

"It seems like you're the only one."

Sasha's POV

"It seems like you're the only one."

He sounded so cold. What does he mean, I'm the only one? I'm sure there are a lot of people there for him.

"I don't understand."

"Of course, you don't! How can you understand? I'm going through all of this, alone! Everyone is giving up on me! The school, the doctor, and my mother even left yesterday! She said it was too much for her! I can't do this anymore Sasha! I can't."

I was shocked, his mother left him. How could she!

"Lance, I had no idea, I'm sorry."

He was crying by now. He was standing from his outburst, he turned to me and fell to his knees. I went to him and held him close.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. My mom left me. It was too hard on her. She was crying all the time. This morning I woke up, and she was gone. She left me a note."

He pulled the note out of his pocket and handed it to me. When I read it, it just made me angrier.

Dear Lance,

I'm so sorry honey, but I just can't do this. I can't see you in pain, my only son. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Love, Mom

I was crying with him now. I held him close trying to comfort him. Once he calmed down we started talking again.

"Why are you saying the doctor is giving up on you?"

"I had an appointment with him today. He told me I'm going to have permanent memory loss. He said there isn't anything else he can do, to come back only if anything changes."

I felt so bad for him. I sat with him, trying to control my feelings. We sat in silence until I couldn't take it anymore.

"You're wrong about one thing."

He looked at me. I could feel the confusion coming from him. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"I'm still here for you Lance, and I'm not going anywhere."

"It's probably best you did."

He stood up and started walking away. I couldn't believe he said that. I stood up and chased after him.

Hey guys, sorry for this crazy late update. I lost my train of thought, but I'm working on this story again. Here's the next chapter. More to come soon. I promise. I'm so so so sorry to make you guys wait so long. Please don't hate me.