♬ Musical Note ♬

T h e   o v e r t u r e   b e g i n s . . .
(Just kidding. I'm just going to skip right to act one.)

Hello, friends! I have news! 

I posted a bit of an update similar to this on my story, "Oh My Disney", which is currently in the works of being rewritten into a full-length novel. It's been quite a while since I've been active on Wattpad posting updates, but I have still been writing - just few and far between, as my life has been quite busy lately. I haven't been able to fully commit to my writing, but I am taking my time, as I don't want my material to be rushed or forced in any way just for the sake of updating at all. Instead, I'm going to update you with the busyness that is my new life, and give some insight into why my year has been so hectic - and the inspiration that has come out of it. 

Here's a quick summary of my year;

O n e ; I got cast as Ariel in my theatre company's adult cast production of Disney's "The Little Mermaid"! I auditioned in December and was called back for the role (fully believing that I would not have a chance, considering the fact that I am only 18 and was up against actual adults) and was fortunate enough to have been given the role! I rehearsed about 3 times a week until our run started in April (we did 10 shows, woot woot!) and I have never been happier in a show than I was playing Princess Ariel. It was truly beyond my wildest dreams!

T w o ; I also played the role of Polly in my high school production of "Crazy For You" (Gershwin rules, by the way) and the role of Pilar in my theatre company's production of "Legally Blonde the Musical" (and my best friend played Paulette!)

T w o ; I also played the role of Polly in my high school production of "Crazy For You" (Gershwin rules, by the way) and the role of Pilar in my theatre company's production of "Legally Blonde the Musical" (and my best friend played Paulette!). It was crazy doing 3 shows in one year, but so rewarding and a great challenge. This summer I am also working at the same theatre company as a camp counsellor, and we are putting on productions of "Alice In Wonderland" and "The Addams Family Musical". My theatre heart is full.

T h r e e ; I've been accepted to St. Clair College for Musical Theatre, and will be spending the next 3 years there learning about what I love. I am hoping to pursue the Disney College Program during my time there! P.S. if you're ever in Windsor in December or April, you should totally come and see our shows, just saying. 

So needless to say, my year has been super hectic - but lots has come out of it that has inspired me to change my course in a lot of my storylines, and I really do think that it's for the better. My new school and recent shows have taught me a lot more about making my story more realistic and interesting, and I hope you'll think so, too. I know the waiting sucks (trust me, the writer's block isn't too peachy either), but it'll be worth it in the end! 

Thanks for being a super dedicated and loving audience (and for not hating me for taking some time to myself over the past year)

Thanks for being a super dedicated and loving audience (and for not hating me for taking some time to myself over the past year). It means the world to me!

Always love,
Sydney

P.S. A new chapter is coming soon. While we wait for me to (terribly) edit it, let's have a little Q&A challenge: make a Broadway playlist for Parker and Scarlett? Or for just one of the characters, or for the full group! I'm curious to see what songs everyone will come up with! 

P.P.S. Since someone asked I completely forgot to mention that I also have a Youtube channel now! You can find me here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5_ulGgwHY8x8pLRlUeaDQ (Fair warning that it's basically all Disney and Broadway, but who doesn't love that?) You can also search "Sydney Nicole Nicholson" and my channel will show up! Hope you enjoy!