𝟎𝟏. 𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐃𝐊𝐀

(CHAPTER ONE : IF THERE'S VODKA)

(CHAPTER ONE :
IF THERE'S VODKA)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA [2011]

DISBELIEF. I GLARED AT Damon Salvatore after he voiced what he was planning to do and if I were to tie a neat little bow around his entire scheme, it would be classed as a suicide mission. As annoying as his constant sarcasm and disregard for my feelings could be, the two of us were good friends—or acquaintances as he preferred. Therefore, I wondered why he even considered devising the demise of the most powerful vampire family when he was fully aware it would put him in harm's way and hurt those who cared for him in the process.

"Damon," I began, his name rolling of my tongue with remarkable easy as I had to repeat it that many times over the past century. "Is it your plain stupidity and recklessness talking or are you simply a one hundred and sixty year old suicidal vampire?" I questioned him, sarcasm thickly coating every word.

"Lottie," he mocked, folding his arms over his chest. "Is this you declaring your undying love for me by saying, in your own special way, that you love me?" Damon asked, per usual, imagining scenarios in his head, ones that stroked his own ego. As if to test the waters, he winked seductively at me.

I widened my eyes an inch, walking over to pour myself a Bourbon after suffering through his antics. I deserved a drink. "No, I was wondering if you are stupid or suicidal. It was a straight forward question and your lack of comprehension makes me think the answer is both." I corrected the older vampire, hesitating before deciding I didn't need a glass, I needed the bottle after Damon's proposition. "Joking aside, I don't want you to get hurt. Elijah hasn't got the best track record when it comes to trust, you might be the one with a dagger in your heart by the end of it." I explained my concern to him, remaining calm and collected when I did so. Then, I necked the bottle of bourbon, naturally.

Sighing, the Salvatore approached me, snagging the now empty liquor from out of my hands. "You're being paranoid." He mused in a sing-song tone, pointing the Bourbon bottle at me. "It's cute, really. But, I have been doing this vampire thing far longer than you and I would know if he was lying to us. Don't act as if I am an inexperienced vampire, it's offensive." He spat his words so they were pointed and sharp, almost as if him raising his voice would make me quake in my boots. Of course it didn't, I'd looked far worse things in the eyes than Damon Salvatore and lived to tell the tale—in a way, at least.

Groaning, I knew what I had to do, I used this particular pity card at least one thousand times with the man, but he fell for it every time. "I understand, Day. You're older and know better, even if you weren't I'm only a lost little girl that doesn't remember most of her past." I murmured, looking out of the Boarding House window longingly for effect. "I mean, I'm insane, right? I have large, gaping holes in my memory. I know nothing, absolutely n——" I complained to him, biting down on my lip, attempting to pull out all the stops. Apparently, it worked wonders as Damon jumped to interfere before I could continue with my anguished ramblings.